The reception staff was extremely unhelpful when we checked in. We were two families with two kids each. We were told that the staff could easily put an extra bed in but not assure us of a cot (even though we had booked this hotel almost a year ago). They also told us that the cot would only fit an infant. We almost paid for an extra room but they had no adjoining rooms available. When we got to the 19th floor, the housekeeping staff asked what we needed, provided two cots in which our four-year old could easily fit and had the rooms ready in no time. What a difference between the two kinds of staff. It turned out the rooms quite spacious. For the price paid, I thought it a good deal. You are right next to the night market and 5-10 min walk from the centre of town.
We stayed in the business rooms on the 19th floor.
The breakfast buffet is in a huge, very noisy, room. It was fine. We had the food and then went out of the hotel and to the left where there is cafe on the corner to pick up lattes every morning.
The pool is large but the water was freezing. The gym is good but gets really hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Hotelopia and TravelUp so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan