Centara Duangtawan Hotel- Crappy, outdated and bad service! We were very misled by the inviting pictures on the website, so please don’t fall victim to their false advertising. This is not an international hotel! The concierge and staff do not speak English and could not even provide us with a recommendation for dinner. The cashier did not have any money when we tried to exchange bills even during the high season when we visited! Also, the entire hotel has a very bad odor…like moth balls or something. Top ten reasons to not stay here:
1. The rooms are dirty and tired looking. Our shower had mold in it and the bath tub was filthy!
2. The smell of our room was overwhelmingly bad…we bought candles at the night market to mask the odor.
3. The hotel restaurant is bad.
4. The pool is freezing and the sauna fits about 3 people. The Jacuzzi fits about 4 people and was not even hot.
5. The staff is not very accommodating and does not speak English well.
6. We were given a “non-smoking room” that smelled like smoke and when we requested to change, the staff was very rude.
7. The elevators are very slow.
8. The mattress was so soft that we sunk in the middle and it is better to put the mattress on the floor.
9. The bathroom was so poorly designed that my husband, who is average in size, could not fit in the shower.
10. Because there are so many reasons not to stay here!!
The one good thing about this hotel is that it is in a convenient location as it is a short walk to the Night Bazaar and a 10 minute drive to the Riverside area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotelopia, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan