Recently celebrated my 60th birthday in Chiang Mai. The price to use the internet was disgusting, mostly places have free wifi these days, I did buy a prepaid voucher but it was difficult to log on to. The rooms were dated, the plumbing leaked both from the toilet and bathroom basin. Yes, and I had to pay for Ice also, having travelled 5 times to Asian countries in the past four years, I have never paid for ice previously, some hotels provide free ice machines. The windows were filthy. The air conditioning was inadequate and noisy. There was a step into the bathroom which was broken away and dangerous. The place is very central and the staff were pleasant enough but I would look elsewhere next time. We travelled in a group of 5 people occupying 3 rooms and we all felt the same. The hair dryer was broken in one room and glowing which meant there was some electrical problem and no bacon for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan