Stayed for four nights in early July, after a previous four nights in Bangkok. Much preferred the Bangkok hotel (Bel Aire Princess), however there were some advantages such as a warm shower (in Bangkok only had cold water for some reason!) and the tv showed Fox Movies in English, so we constantly had films on in the background.. And they were showing good new ones as well! On the other hand the rooms and as soon as you step out of the lift it smelt of smoke! I think we were on floor 4 and the day after we noticed a cigarette ash tray vase thing by the lift. We are non smokers so this was very annoying. Also our room was right by the pool so we felt like we couldn't open our curtains as it was awkward. A few stains up the wall and the sheets although changed daily. Old style key instead of key card. No free wifi - we paid around £13 for 12 hours and had around 3 hours left over at the end. It can only be used on one device at a time so you and your partner can't go on at the same time. We paid breakfast but didn't really like it - I only had watermelon, but I am quite fussy. They did have toast and occasionally bacon as well. Also had dinner one night and didn't like it.. We ate at the Teak House Restaurant 5 mins walk away twice during our stay. Overall the staff are very friendly and it's in a good location, but I think I would look for a nicer hotel if we went to Chiang Mai again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan