I have been using the Centara Duang Tawan for many years - mainly because, during the low season, the Dynasty Club rooms on the 23rd floor represent the best value to be had in Chiang Mai.
The hotel and rooms are spotlessy clean. Staff are motivated, friendly and efficient.
However a number of issues have struck me, the first of which is that the hotel is in need of a make-over. Secondly the industrial scale tourism attracted by this type of hotel is being increasingly challenged by the success of boutique hotels and their individualised offers. The apparent lack of management will to adapt seems casual. thirdly I was shocked to see an advertisement for Chinese dishes in my room suggesting 'Superior shark's fin soup'. this is insensitive - hence the title of the review. Finally the hairdryer plug in the bathroom does not match the scket, resulting a 1200 watt unearthed hairdryer next to the wash hand basin.
Finally, and in spite of these criticisms, I would certainly return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan