Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai
US$199
US$170
Hotels.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$152
US$45
US$44
US$186
US$43
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$33
2,094 results
All reviewsexpress liftnight bazaarbuffet breakfastbit datedclub roomnice poolold cityrooms are largetuk tukcentaramassagelaundrychiangdeluxe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed here many times as its ideal walking distance to the night markets and the bars in this area since I have been many times before I am automatically upgraded to a suite so I book a basic room every time the breakfast is good and the rooms are clean

Room Tip: find the express elevator as this is a better faster way to get to your room its sign posted but not near the rest of the evlevators
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank udornbound
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Booked this hotel for its location . Very close to Night Bazaar. Reception was friendly. We booked a corner room 1701 , the room size was decent, the wash basin was outside of the bathroom, just as well because the shower , bathtub and toilet was a real squeeze. Mattress was very hard. Curtains did not close well and the morning light came into the room very early.Breakfast had a good variety of Western and Asian and they changed the Asian dishes . I stayed 5 nights . It is a old and very tired hotel. The room prices were very , very reasonable ,so do not have high expectations. Not a hotel for a romantic get away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Centara D, General Manager at Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive communication to us concerning your recent stay

I have asked our House Keeping Manager to check all the condition of all beds and curtains to ensure that no other guests are inconvenienced as you were – our sincere apologies.

Despite the issues that marred your stay we are buoyed by the fact that you appreciated the ideal location of the hotel and staff as well as the breakfast service and we look forward to welcoming your back on a future occasion

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had originally booked the Dusit D2 for our honeymoon stay in Chaing Mai, but the rates were so good at the Centara (during a sale) that we cancelled the Dusit and booked the Centara – we kind of wished we hadn’t.
It feels mean to be critical as the staff are doing the best that they can with what they have – and you certainly get a good service for what you pay. However it isn’t a brand new luxurious hotel, and even though we should have realised this before we went their webpage definitely shows the hotel in the best light possible.
We booked a club room and this provided us with round trip transfers to the airport which were great.
We also had breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails in the lounge. This was a little confusing as we are used to club lounges in other hotels (Hiltons, Hyatts etc) where you get soft drinks in the afternoons in the lounges this is not the case here, its water or tea/coffee, then in the evening the ‘canapes’ are crisps and nuts with two drinks each. I can understand why they offer such a limited service (it was very quiet there and they do not charge that much more for the lounge access) but nowadays most hotels offer more than this. Having the cocktails made fresh for you was nice and they tasted lovely, but it made the lounge very stuffy and formal, a help yourself to more basic drinks may create a warmer atmosphere?
The pool area (along with other areas in the hotel) is again very tire d and in need of a revamp. Our room was certainly very large and very clean but lacked modern touches. Staff try to be very helpful but their English is not very good (yes I know its in Thailand but most large hotels have staff with a good grasp of English) and I wish they would just say they didn’t understand instead of giggling at you, talking to their colleagues and laughing some more etc – quite childish behaviour when you’re seeking assistance.
We had room service – again quite old fashioned – good value for money I guess but food was very mediocre.
If you need an umbrella you can ask at reception and they will find one for you, but would expect touches like this to be in the rooms.
As another reviewer as commented I also did NOT like the shark fin soup advertisement in the room. If the manager is trying to come inline with other Centara’s why not scrap this?
Most disappointing for us is that we were there on our honeymoon and this so far is the only hotel we stayed in that made no mention of this (I had emailed letting them know and asking if there we could have a room with a particularly good view or if they offered any additional romantic packages, they emailed back stating my honeymoon was noted on my file so i left it at that – but no greeting or anything-really disappointing and room not ready for us either which again disappointing when they knew when we were arriving and collected us from airport themselves.
Location was good. Would I stay here again? I’m not sure. I wouldn’t recommend for a special occasion but if I wanted somewhere cheap to stay on a normal holiday maybe if the price were right. But for what we paid we were disappointed-in Thailand you tend to get a great deal, I would expect this level of hotel for the money we paid in the UK.

Room Tip: Club rooms are very big
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah6969pink

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback – I have already forwarded your comment on the limit of food and beverage presentation to the Food and Beverage team who will now gauge how we can substantially improve this for all future guests

Your comment regarding the umbrella in room is well noted and you are correct in assuming that this a standard for our hotel also however for reasons I am now investigating the umbrellas were not placed in your room.

The issue of sharks fin soup is a contentious one and into the future I am pleased to inform you that all new restaurants opening at any Centara Hotel into the future will not be offering sharks fin soup.

Our Human Resource Teams group wide place a high amount of time and resources training our staff on guest contact skills – I am sorry that you were let down when your Honeymoon arrival was not recognized and for your wait for the room to be prepared. I have personally spoken to the House Keeping Manager and Front Office Manager who are tasked with discussing with each other on a daily basis the arrival of guests and ensuring that special occasions are recognized and given priority service – my sincere apologies that this was not the case when you stayed with us – it is an embarrassment to all of us and serves as a great lesson to our Team that we only get one chance to make a good first impression.

We hope that on a future occasion and visiting Chiang Mai you will consider staying with us again so as we show you the improvements made

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was our first stop after 3 flights from England and they made us very welcome even though we arrived very late at night. The rooms were very spacious with views over the markets on our first visit and views over the outdoor roof concert area on the second visit. If we went again I would ask for this side of the hotel. On our second visit our room was upgraded but to be honest we could see very little difference unless they counted the view as an upgrade so just book the cheapest.. The roof top pool on floor 4 was lovely places to sit in sun or shade and a great place to relax and recharge your batteries. The breakfast was excellent although on 2 days of our stay they ran out of 'crispy bacon' and they did put the bacon on bread in the containers. Normally this would not be a problem but as our daughter has to eat a gluten free diet there was not a great deal she could eat even with the help of a Thai speaking member of our party. We were there for Thai New Year and have never had so much fun with water and the hotel knew just how to cope when everyone came back soaked. An excellent base not just for the night market but for all the other things you can do around the area.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the roof top concert area seemed quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ardentspur
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Great value and location! Feeling very old and has a large but old bathroom with mold under the tap plus had an horrible shower head. Breakfast in the morning was great though and would not hesitate to stay again just for the location and price!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bri8582
Centara D, General Manager at Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments – I have asked our House Keeping Manager to check all of our rooms to ensure that the issue you faced regarding a dirty tap and shower head is not encountered by future guests.

We are pleased to learn that overall your stay with us proved to be enjoyable and thank you for your positive recommendation of our hotel with regards to the location and food service

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Yours sincerely,