“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of Libra Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Libra Guest House
Ranked #30 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I rarely give one star but our time here was terrible, power cut out in our room completely we paid for AC & hot shower room took over half a day to fix it and they made the issue out to be our fault. The plug also overheated and broke my iphone charging by completely burning it they have no interest in compensating me for the charger. The woman in charge was grump and rude, very happy to be leaving. Room was clean and spacious but I wouldn't stay here again in a hurry.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank samuelsmithh

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I like the location, lots of small guesthouses and restaurants in this lane, near enough the main streets, but far enough to be quiet. Except that there are guests playing around in the swimming pool (right outside the window of the fan, hot water rooms, but belonging to another hotel) any time of the day or night (3:47 a.m right at the moment) and the sound is bouncing around in the narrow area and nobody is trying to shut them up from any of the surrounding guesthouses. A couple of days ago it was 6 in the morning, splashing and screaming. Go for the AC rooms (600 baht) in another building if you want to sleep at night. Another problem is that the wifi is extremely slow and drops out, also need to request a new password every day, I gave up and have been using my 3G, less frustrating. Service and room nothing to write home about, they come 12 a dozen in this quality and price range (400) in Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: if you see the swimming pool from your window, you won't get much sleep
Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FireDragonLady
Reviewed 6 August 2014

There were pleasant rooms with nice grounds. The proprietor is very helpful regarding what to do and how to do it – and there’s a lot going on in Chiang Mai, so it’s good to have someone to ask for advice. I also had one of the best meals I’ve had in Thailand here, and that’s saying something. There were lots of food and bar options within a couple of “blocks.” You can also rent bikes from a shop right across the street from Libra, which is very convenient. The shower is not separated from the toilet so it all gets wet; but as my traveling companion said, “That’s the way we roll is this country,” so it’s generally the same wherever you stay. Every place I stayed had a combination A & C electrical outlet, so I didn’t need a plug adapter for my U.S. A-type plug. WiFi depended on your device and where you were on the grounds. The guesthouse proprietors picked us up from the train station. There was AC, but in our room, it decided when it was going to go on and off! There were mosquitoes, so I used my net.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank juliethefirehorse
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. We paid for them and a trip to the forest. I definitely recommend the hotel. Rooms are simply furnished, clean and comfortable.So help us out buying fly tickets from Chang Mai to Krabi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monika M
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Libra Guesthouse was in a great location and the staff were brilliant. After picking my friend and I up at the airport for free, we were welcomed with an excellent overview of what to do in Chaing Mai, explaining places to go and see on a map they gave us. We chose Libra GH because of their good reviews for trekking and we were not disappointed. We did the 2 day 1 night trek and despite meeting a few people doing the 2 night 3 day, we found 2 days was still enough time to explore and see everything we wanted to (elephants, waterfalls ect..)

The room was basic but very clean and they also provided towels. Easily the best service I had whilst travelling in Thailand, they constantly made the effort to make sure you had the best stay possible. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurenwye
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights we did not do any trekking through Libra. It seems to focus on this and from what we saw were very efficiently organized. The room we stayed in was ok, clean (very important). But very basic. Medicine pink colored and over looked the pool next door which happened to be close to torture for my kids, so if you stay here with kids ask for a room without a view of the pool. The staff were friendly, they have kids which my girls loved playing with and wished they could have spent more time doing so. The location was great. Nice garden bring your mosquito coils and spray. :)

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My friends and I found Libra Guest House a breath of fresh air. After travelling around Thailand staying in some dodgy places with less than helpful staff, we were pleasantly surprised when we landed into Libra. It was really clean with lovely rooms and we cannot talk enough about the staff. They really were genuine and honest and were there to help. They organised a fantastic jungle trek for us which catered for exactly what we wanted to do. It was also very reasonably priced and even when I forgot to pick up my CD (provided by the tour company which contained pictures from the trek) the staff at Libra posted it to me in Ireland and refused to accept payment for postage. They also dropped my two friends and I to the airport when we were running late for our flight and again refused any payment. We really appreciated all their help.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends