“Great”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

It was the first temple I visited when I was in Chiang Mai. I happened to walk along Thapae Road towards the direction of the Gate when I chanced upon it. You wouldn't miss it when you're at Thapae. (And just across the temple, by the way, there's a small restaurant that serves great Pad Thai).

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ria C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Happened to stumble upon this, more memorable, temple”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

After awhile in Thailand/SE Asia, you do get temple fatigue, but if I recall correctly, this is a more unique temple with the gaudy looking structure in front housing a library. Its on the main road from the old city to one of the bridges across the river and I happened to stumble upon it while on a walk to the river area. Its worth stopping by if you are in the area and not completely temple fatigued...

Visited February 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
144 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“My favorite Chiangmai wat!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were so glad that we went into this Wat whilst walking to the Night Bazaar from the walled city as it was definitely my favourite! The gardens were full of animal statues making it look rather like a Disney movie! The outside of the Wat was beautifully decorated, as was the inside, but what really stood out was the sense of peace & reverence I felt in this Wat. After a day of visiting Wats, they all tend to blend I to one but this one stood out!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank bella c
Serris, France
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“One of my favourites”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is one of my favourite Wats in CM as it was so different from all the others. The decorations and sculpture are really stunning and they have lots of statues of animals everywhere around. This wildlife theme is carried on by the number of chickens and roosters that wander about

Felt very peaceful here as the inside of the temple was not crowded and you can take your time taking it all in.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank charliehonk
Raleigh, North Carolina
272 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 296 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Very different than the other wats I visited. It can be easily visited when walking between Old Town and the markets. When I look back on my trip, this temple still stands out.

Visited June 2013