“Comfortable, quiet spot in Chiang Mai”
Review of Yaang Come Village

Yaang Come Village
Ranked #45 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I were booked here for 3 nights by our travel agency Journeys Within and found it to be a very comfortable hotel far enough off of the busy street to be very pleasant and quiet. The pool was great after long days of sightseeing in the area.

The breakfast room adjacent to the pool was also good. Not a very large assortment of food, but good coffee and juices and enough of a variety to satisfy both eastern and western tastes.

There is also a very good restaurant with an extensive menu and a good wine list next door.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AhabofLA
There are newer reviews for Yaang Come Village

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in February. We loved the lay-out of the hotel modeled after an old village. However, the balcony of our romm faced the back of a building (with their motors) so we could not enjoy sitting out for a drink or to read which we had originally hoped to do. Plus our neighbour would sit out on his balcony and smoke his cigar which also was unpleasant. Our room was very spacious and we loved the daily bananas provided. We had some issues with the bathtub (for 2) as there were no anti-skid studs or mat so both us slipped as we got in and struggled a little while getting out. We also had issues trying to control the flow of hot and cold water in the shower. The hotel was fumigated one evening while we were there and the smell permeated the whole room and lasted for quite some time. It would be better if they had more natural, less harmful methods of controlling the mosquitoes. Breakfast was okay but the meat dishes were mainly pork. There were no chciken options so we missed out on quite a few dishes. Reception staff were not very informative and twice gave us wrong information concerning time it would take to one of the markets and also the price of transport to one of the sites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the main garden.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ophir77
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at 'Yaang Come Village', Chiang Mai between late April to early May 2014, and very much liked what I saw and experienced.
I personally didn't book this accommodation and didn't know what to expect upon arrival.

I felt this hotel was very much true to Northern Thailand. It was certainly very fitting to the culture of Northern Thailand, which is a great aspect of this hotel. The hotel itself is nicely presented ensuring the culture is enriched in the aesthetics.

Our room and the hotel was clean at all times. As from my previous reviews on other hotels, I've mentioned how important bathroom and toilet cleanliness is to me. Well, I can happily say, my bathroom and toilet was certainly clean! What I appreciated, though it is quite minor in detail but should be recognised as a credit to the hotel, was that they even placed 'safety' grip mats inside the shower, which no other accommodation I stayed in Thailand bothered to do.

Also, the hotel itself is off a main road, and the rooms are located towards the back of the resort so you don't have to worry about traffic or noise for that matter, in case you're a light sleeper like I am!

Staff were friendly, and very prompt when we requested for additional items such as towels and tissues to be sent to our room.

The pool was very enjoyable and maintained during our stay.

Now for food!! Breakfast was average, but they still provided a big range to choose from every morning. Lunch and dinner however, was delicious!! The menu had an extensive list of both Traditional Thai food and Western foods. I opt-ed for Traditional Thai food every time, which my taste buds happily enjoyed with all the flavours.

Locality of this hotel was wonderful. It was well within walking distance of everything! After we would have dinner, we would walk off our meal by a 2-5min walk to the night markets. During the day, the shopping centre was also 2-5min walk away.

To end this review, I do have one negative comment to make. The only issue we had with this hotel, was mosquito's. If you are going to book with this hotel, I highly suggest you pick a room that is not on the ground floor as you will be eaten alive by mosquito's. We didn't encounter mosquito's anywhere at this hotel except for our room, which was mostly during the evenings and also because our room was on the ground floor.

My final verdict - I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks for the pleasant stay! x

Room Tip: Request for rooms not on the ground floor - you'll avoid the mosquito's!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JovieW
Reviewed 29 May 2014

First time in Chiang Mai. Lovely decorated Hotel, very large rooms, breakfast selection good, wonderful helpful staff, lots of mossie's around dusk time, but I'm thinking this is normal in Chiang Mai, so use repellant. Nice quiet location back from main street. Nice restuarant at front on main road, a great local restuarant turn right, 150m on left, packed every night, about $2-3 a meal. Have no hesitation in staying here again, booked Elephant Safari, Hill Tribe visit and Tiger Kingdom thru their tour desk.....our guide was terrific...he had contacts everywhere we went

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Love this small hotel we stay there for 3 times 4-6 days trip when we visited Chiang Mai.
Staff very friendly and helpful we had welcome drink ,small tray of flowers and fruit welcome room.
Good breakfast and dinner also close to the shopping area night bazaar and other market close to everything.We had a great time every time we stay there. And will return there again for more.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yoyokaemsai
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great care has been taken to make the hotel like a traditional Lanna hostelry, giving the impression of autenticity without sacrificing any comfort. Great care has been taken over every detail.
Confortable stay, very pleasant room, delightful garden surrounding a nice pool. Well situated, close to the night bazaar. Staff friendly and helpful.
Standard breakfast buffet, served in a pleasant traditional open room. A real oasis in the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We've been to Thailand 5 times but 1st time in Chiang mai, we wanted to go experience the Songran Water festival. We spend 6 nights @ Yaang Come and wasn't too impressed especially considering we paid over $100/ night, which is considered expensive, you can get a decent hotel for $50 or less. We had 3 families with 2 toddlers. The hotel itself is old and a bit outdated but it did have a nice traditional style and the lush garden was nice feel. We got bite the most in our rooms, not good if you have a toddler and you have to spray bug spray b4 going to bed every night, for a 4 stars resort, you'd think they would do more to contain the mosquito, but we understand it's Thailand, we been to a nice resort in Mexico and never had any issues regarding the mosquito bc they would actually spray repellents late nights around the hotel. The pool was very small, great for children but nothing special for the adults.. the resort food was nice but expensive ($5 for orange juice)! Breakfast food was good and enough variety. The location was perfect, close to everything and can walk to the night market, massages and other restaurants nearby.. also, there's no elevator ;( we had to lift our toddlers with strollers up to our rooms... not that big of an issue for us we needed to workout anyways... bTW - NO gym! If you need a place to sleep, this will do but you can find cheaper accommodations near by with paying the price. The staff's aren't as accommodating, example during breakfast our toddlers were playing with these water buckets and the staff in the restaurants were annoyed... seriously? they're kids - what did you expect them to do?? It's not kid friendly that's for sure... if you've got small children - this is not the place...also, we'd ask for ice during while we're lounging in the pool, they actually charged us for ice, OMG... it's ice how expensive can it be?? 30 baht?? It's not the price, it's the convenient and it's super annoying to me to charge for such small items?? Good thing we didn't ask for extra shampoo/ conditioners... to me this is not what 4 stars resorts do... I've been to other 4 - stars and by far the best service... the service was the worst we've had overall Thailand trips we been to.. except for the receptionist girls in the front, they were very sweet. I picked this hotel bc of the reviews and I was disappointed!!! I wouldn't go back....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family