99 The Gallery Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
De Lanna Hotel, Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
  • Pool
Buri Gallery House(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
Le Charcoa Hotel(Chiang Mai)
BED Phrasingh(Chiang Mai)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Cheeva Dee Hotel(Chiang Mai)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationenclosed balconyold townwat phralocation and friendly staffomelette stationsunday night marketbeds are rock hardsmall poolceiling fanquick diplovely hotelsmall boutique hotelred buswould stay againsuperior roomsunday walking street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a new hotel in the heart of Chiang Mai. Tasteful decor, excellent staff, great breakfast and very clean. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends. Small pool but perfect for a brief plunge to cool off. There are also desktop computers on the second floor in a lovely little alcove with sofas.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

While the hotel itself is simple in its amenities and lay out, I loved it. My bed was (huge) and very comfortable, the air conditioner was awesome! And the bathroom was functional, clean, hot water nice shower and large enough to wonder in and do all of your morning routines without being cramped. The pool is small but because of this size, it stays warmer and you can swim at night no problem :)
The breakfast was included, and they were always quick to serve. Loved its location quick because not on the main road, but only a ten minute walk to Thae pae gate. Lazy people can get a Tuktuk for 50Baht ;)
The staff went above and beyond. I had some problems with refunding a massage course, gave up (set to lose $750!) and saw said massage schools pamphlet in the foyer. Feeling beyond miffed, I took the pamphlets out, gave them to reception and said not worth it! With a quick explanation of what happened to me. Left, angry and in need of some street tucker. Came back to find the manager had called them, told them it was unfair and managed to get over half the money back :):) -and as it was the most expensive thing this trip, I was more than grateful. I didn't ask, they just did. They were always friendly and I can't wait to stay here again. I'm usually a dorm hostel girl and decided with the training I was doing here, I needed my sleep desperately and invested in a better room.
WHAT A GOOD DECISION
THANK YOU 99 THE GALLERY HOTEL!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JessNRClimbing
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We found this on Booking.com when we were looking for an alternative hotel to the one we'd booked but didn't like. This one we liked very much. The hotel has only been opened a couple of months, so everything is new and working well. The whole place is spacious and very tastefully decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room had a sort of enclosed balcony with a comfortable sofa in it. It was almost like having a suite. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is close to one of the most famous temples and is in easy walking distance of most of the city tourist attractions. It is also very well placed for the Sunday Walking Street. We liked Chiang Mai and this hotel so much that we will now make this our regular stop-over instead of Bangkok.

Room Tip: There wasn't much selection for breakfast for me, being a vegetarian, but the cook readily supplied scrambled eggs or omlettes on request.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twotravellingseniors
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel itself is in an excellent location, easy access to all the local bars, restaurants and Wats. The style is really unique, kind of industrial building / everything you need. The hotel is a funky urban type hotel, with a smallish pool and outdoor space. The hotel itself has lots of outdoor walkways, mirrors and interesting arty installations.

The rooms have everything you needs from mini bar, to four poster bed. The bed is a typical rock hard Thai mattress, but the bedding was good quality. For a mid priced hotel the bathroom was perfectly adequate. The breakfast was average. I would just eat out locally, it is cheap and better quality.

If you intend on getting up early (before 9 am) and going site seeing. Then this is an excellent hotel; I couldn't recommend it enough.

If you are like me, go out drinking and want peace and quite. Then do not stay here! The walls are paper thin, and you can hear everything from the corridor. The maids are extremely noisy, banging and slamming doors. Shouting and bellowing which echoes up the halls, and it goes on all day. Staying in bed all day is not an option, as the beds are hard, too noisy and not relaxing enough. Hence why I gave this hotel 3 out of 5.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tashingon
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend stayed here for 5 nights and honestly there is nothing bad to say about here. Beautiful accommodation, good food and wonderful friendly staff. We loved it. Perfect for few nights. Ideal location. Walking distance to the Sunday market, a bit further to the night market but its still ideal. WiFi is extremely slow and keeps disconnecting but otherwise a fabulous stay!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends