“Never again”

Ranked #51 of 383 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Never again”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked a room in this hotel for 3 nights, our room was 216. The room was more or less clean but it looked old and there was a smell in the room. There was a very small window in the room so that it was dark in the room during the daytime. The airconditioning in the room was not working very well and was placed in the room so that the airflow constantly came over the bed. Needless to say we both had a cold after the second night. The room was very noisy, we could practically hear everything from our neighbours. The swimming pool was small, the water way too hot and also dirty. The glass from the lights inside the pool were broken which was a serious risk for injury. We reported this to the reception, but ....
The breakfast buffet was very very poor. I really don't understand the positive reactions from others. For sure we will never stay in the Raming Lodge again, for the price we paid, 1600 baht/night, there are much better options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Happy T
Preechaya_R, General Manager at Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your constructive feedback. First of all, we would like to extend our sincere apology for your unpleasant experiences and the inconveniences caused during your stay. Your comment has been brought to my attention and we are looking into the problems and trying to ensure that it will not happen again. Regarding the pool, our reception has taken note and reported the problem to our engineering team to fix accordingly. Please rest ensured that satisfaction of our guests is always our first concern and we had taken your valuable comments for our future improvement.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and understanding. We hope to be able to assist you again on your next visit to Chiangmai.

If I could be of any further assistance you may have, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Preechaya R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Everyone here at Raming Lodge has been wonderful and helpful, the room comes with its own shower/bathroom and safe however the beds are like rock.... We woke up sore and feeling like we had slept on the floor, how one finds a bed like this is absolutely beyond me but apart from that it was good

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alana L
Dear Alana,

Thank you very much for spending your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your constructive comments. We are glad to hear that our staffs have been very helpful to you and will share this compliment to our team. Regarding the bed, we have taken in to our consideration and will try utmost to meet our guests' satisfaction.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and understanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa again on your next visit to Chiangmai.

Hua Hin Thailand
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed at the Ramming a few years ago so booked once again.

This time booked two nights and ended up staying for 4 nighst. Good staff. Breakfast is ok with a buffet and eggs to order. Kepp the kids happy!Walking distance to Night Market.

Good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Preechaya_R, General Manager at Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Mr.Davelian,

Thank you very much for choosing Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa as your preferred in Chiangmai. We appreciate your time sharing your pleasant experiences with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you were having a good time and we will try utmost to keep up our good standard in order to meet our guests' satisfaction.

If I could be of any further assistance you may have, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Nice big decorated rooms. In the past they had outside telephone lines and all the nice extra's. The Spa and massage area looks from luxury very downgraded. The WiFi works only in a few rooms.
Communication in English was not always easy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for spending your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate you constructive feedback. On behalf of my team,please allow me to extend our sincere apology for any inconveniences caused during your stay. Your comments has been brought to my attention and we have taken them into our consideration for our future improvement. As the demand has increased, we therefore adding 8 more rooms to replace the spa on the 6th floor. The spa is now located on the first floor and it is still under renovation. The WIFI problems has been noted and our IT officer has fixed the connection problem already. Please rest assure that we are looking into these problems as the guest's satisfaction is always our first concern.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and understanding. We do hope to be able to assist you again on your next visit to Chiangmai.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I just had my mountain bike holiday in this hotel. The location of this hotel is in town. It need about 15 min to the bazaar. The environment is not bad. It is best for team holiday especially biking. The management allow the bike to keep in the room. The design for the room is a bit outdated but still accepatable for budjet trip. I gave the breakfast ranking is 3.(normal). The main reason I gave 4 star is it really suit for bicycle holiday.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa as your preferred address in Chiangmai. We appreciate your time sharing your pleasant experiences on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a good one and you have enjoyed your trip in Chiangmai.
Your compliment will be shared among our team in order to keep up our good service standard to meet the expectation of our guests.

We hope to be able to assist you once again on your next trip to Chiangmai.

MELBOURNE
Reviewed 13 May 2014

i stayed at this hotel april/may 2014, it is close to everything, in the midst of the bars and also close to the night market for shopping if that is your inclination, the price included breakfast
buffet style, i hesitate recommending this hotel as i want to keep it to myself !
i did not use the fitness centre or the spa, as i walked everywhere for fitness and used the massage place across the road which was a very reasonable price compared to what the hotel charges for laundry.

Room Tip: if you choose a room above the basic rooms they have a free pickup/return from the airport,tip the r...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa as your preferred address in Chiangmai. We do appreciate your time sharing your pleasant experiences on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to hear that your stay was a good one and your compliment will be shared among our team. Please rest assure that we will keep up our good standard in order to meet expectation of our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and support. We look forward to welcoming you back to Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa again on your next trip to Chiangmai.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Raming Lodge is a comfortable and conveniently located hotel, a good place to stay if you are in Chiang Mai for a holiday. I was here for business, though, and needed a reliable internet connection. For much of my stay, the connection was very slow; for the rest of the time it did not work at all. I repeatedly reported the problem to the front desk staff, who promised action but nothing ever came of it. If, on my next visit to Chiang Mai, I am on holiday and do not need internet access, I would certainly stay at Raming Lodge. But if I am on business, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Donald R
Preechaya_R, General Manager at Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for spending your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your feedback. Your valuable comment has been brought to my attention. On behalf of my team, I would like to extend our sincere apology for any inconveniences you were having regarding the WIFI. Our IT officer has looked into this problem and working on it in order to ensure the stability of the signal throughout all the rooms. Once again, thank you very much for your comment and understanding. We do hope to be able to assist you again for your next visit to Chiangmai.