“Just stunning, a beautiful hotel that is worth every cent”

Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel
Ranked #11 of 392 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Everything anyone says about how good this hotel is, is 100% telling the truth, i was so smitten by the hotel, it's staff and the over-all experience that i can't recommend it enough, also, make sure you tip the staff, i believe i gave the receptionist 1000 baht, regardless, they deserve it

Room Tip: any room, they're just amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank meta p

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This boutique hotel is tucked away off one of the side streets near the canal and you would never know it was there! This hotel has amazing service at the front desk, in the bar lounge and in the restaurant. What a find - they have lovely gardens and a nice pool in the centre of the three walls that form the outside of the building. All rooms face into the garden/pool area and this place is only two or three stories high.

The bartender makes a mean Gin Fizz and the hot cashews are a real treat! What a lovely refreshing snack and drink by the pool after a hot day of touring in Chiang Mai! The restaurant has an excellent variety of both Thai and Western dishes to satisfy at reasonable prices. Wine prices in Thailand are ridiculous due to taxation, so the other drinks seem like a deal. The personalized service from the wait staff is outstanding.

Beautiful!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OttawaDebbie
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I am in Chiang Mai for 2 weeks on a course and staying at Puripunn, I have been here for 8 days so far and am writing the review as I will no doubt forget once I am home! I have loved every moment... My room is gorgeous with the biggest bath ever! It is so peaceful whether I am on my balcony, by the pool or sat in a public area like the reception or restaurant I feel so relaxed and my work rate has been amazing as a result!
The staff are so friendly, they remember my favourite food and drink... Discreetly place mosquito repellant on my dinner table as it would seem I am so tasty despite all sorts of repellents and they want to make sure I am covered. They note when I don't make it to breakfast and check in on me... Nothing pressured, just caring.
They also recommend drinks and food for me try... Always getting the best Thai experience.
The hotel are happy to arrange appointments and taxis, they also have a tuktuk that will drop me in town free of charge if needed.
I can't think of a better service... I will be gutted to leave!

Room Tip: I went for a delux signature room.... If you are here for a while a good move, although the other ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LottieA04
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Lovely service in a beautiful place! Tucked away location, like a little piece of paradise. Excellent decorating, and smiley, friendly staff that is ready to do anything for you. Food and drink on the in-hotel restaurant menu is a bit overpriced, but there are plenty if places in Chiang Mai (try Good View restaurant on the river shore) to go instead.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The Puripunn is tucked away from the bustle of Chiang Mai. That made for a quiet hotel. The staff is polite. The rooms are charming, clean and nice, but just not quite at the 5 star level. To be fare you aren't paying the 5star price either. You are paying much less than you would staying at The Chedi or Mandarin Oriental. It is a lovely 4 star boutique hotel. It is quaint and intimate.

The food was a little disappointing. You do need to get a tuk tuk to take you places but it's fast and easy. The hotel will either have a car take you or they will ring a tuk tuk up for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKSB219
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Peaceful and quiet with great aesthetics and a helpful staff. We loved the porches, flowers and trees surrounding the pool, lovely massages, and plentiful breakfasts. The staff also assisted in finding us competent English speaking drivers for various day excursions into the surrounding area to see temples, national park, elephant camp, craft village, etc. I think it was the perfect venue to do as little or as much as you wanted to do. Puripunn is an oasis in the middle of the city, so you can walk or take a short tuk tuk ride to the markets, restaurants, etc. we appreciated the slowed down pace, but I think it depends on what you want to experience. I agree that children might not appreciate, or contribute to, the contemplative vibe. My husband and I would love to return if we ev get to travel so far again.

Room Tip: We liked the ground level to walk out to the fountain And pool area
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lee K
Reviewed 11 April 2012

my sisters & i were in thailand from mar 28 - apr 2, 2012. we went to chiang mai first and stayed at PURIPPUNN BABY GRAND BOUTIQUE HOTEL. we got the INVITATION PACKAGE for 2 at Bht13,515 (3d/2n, incl of taxes, with breakfast) then just added Bht3,000 for the extra bed with the same inclusions. we were met at the airport by their GRO, who was very accommodating & very smart! when we arrived at the hotel's gate --- it felt like HOME! cozy, unpretentious, and just plainly WOW! the staff are always smiling and ready to help you in any way they can. they have free tuktuk rides going to the night shopping haven which is about 10-15min away from the hotel.

on our 2nd day, we went to the Holiest of all the temples in Thailand and it was beautiful! right across the temple is where the Orchid Jade Factory is located. of course, we bought ourselves lots of jade jewelry! and they are authentic! they will give you a guarantee/certificate that the jade you bought is authentic.

we also went to a leather factory (price of goods are quite high), cotton factory where you can buy good quality hand-woven cotton clothes, linens, etc. that night, we were treated by our tour guide, Khun Nong, to a kantoke dinner with show at the khum kantoke. the dinner was great but the show was a letdown....maybe because i'm used to watching our PHILIPPINE BAYANIHAN Dance Troupe do their thing. then, we had foot massage at the night market. it was heaven! we also discovered a small juice stall beside the massage parlor, where the fruit juice/shake are made right before your eyes without any sugar...so it was very healthy & delish!

on the day we left, we had our kantoke breakfast (included in our package)...heavy but delish too! all in all, our chiang mai tour was very very nice! if only we went there during the thailand "winter" season, it would have been perfect!

Room Tip: select the rooms on the ground level....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family