Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel
US$209
US$170
Hotels.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$156
Travelocity
US$55
US$44
HolidayInn.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$33
All reviewstuk tuktucked awaypuripunn deluxenight marketan oasisold citycentral courtyardhotel ownersmall hotelthe ground floorping riverbusy citybeautiful hotelbeautiful poolour honeymoonquiet locationfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The staff was fantastic! We arrived and within 10 min the staff was able to find us a private car to tiger kingdom. We stayed in a superior room and the room was nice with a welcome fruit basket and treats. The bathtub was full of petals which was a sweet touch. My only issue was the shower (which I now realize other people have commented on). The water pressure comes in waves which causes the shower head to bob up and down getting water everywhere! Since we only stayed two nights and I didn't realize this happens midway through our stay, I didn't complain about it to anyone. Also, the breakfast buffet could use some improvement. There are minimal options and it isn't stated anywhere what is available. We didn't realize until the 2nd day that they had waffles until we asked.

2  Thank Aggiegrl82
AttVira, Owner at Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Aggiegrl82,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently. We really do appreciate your compliment and feedback. Per your comment about shower system, we would like to explain to you in detail.

Attention to detail is one of our key factor for being a boutique hotel, therefore, when we opened the hotel we had been carefully sourcing for the right equipments in many parts of the hotel including bathroom equipments. We chose customised gold brass finished faucets and shower systems to give the old world look. Nevertheless, we are always listening to our dear guests. We would like to inform that we are under the process of changing the new shower system in all of our Superior bathrooms. It may take sometime as we have to select a proper shower system that works well and still give a compliment appearance to the vintage style of the bathroom. Please accept our apology for any inconvenient that may cause. Regarding our breakfast, we will ensure that all of our staffs give enough information about our breakfast menu to our guests.

The rest of the compliment about our services, we promise to keep up and try our best to serve our dear guests as always. We do hope we will have a chance to welcome you back sometime in the future so that you can see our improvement.

Sincerely Yours,

Att Viravaidhya
Owner/Managing Director

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We chose to stay here twice during our visit and tour of Northern Thailand which says a lot about it!
Tucked away down a narrow road and yet close enough to Chiang Mai to be convenient, it is only 80baht into the old city and the hotel runs a shuttle bus also. The Hotels is very quaint and intimate, the staff are very accommodating and eager to ensure your stay is memorable without being too intrusive. The Owner introduced himself over breakfast which was a nice touch. The hotels is built sympathetically to local traditions and the rooms are well appointed. The hotel has a nice tranquil pool area to sit and unwind after a day of sightseeing. The food in the restuarant is of a ver good quality also. A short walk away are the very lively bars and restuarants which sit astride the River. We can recommend this hotel for your stay in Chiang Mai. You will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are built around the pool area and so are equally nice, a higher floor may afford a little more privacy on your Balcony.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed here for three nights and was impressed by its location (being so close to Night Bazaar and Old City) and the fact that you felt like you were away from the hustle and bustle of town. I was impressed with the room and the hi speed Internet, and the price of the hotel was good value.
Don't expect a lavish breakfast or an amazing poolside experience. It's not that hotel. It's a great base to explore the city of chiang Mai. The staff were excellent and helped organize a couple of day trips for me using a taxi.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank benscan
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is an updated review after the conclusion of my stay at Puripunn hotel. In my previous review I focused on what I disliked about the place, but I think they deserve a balanced review with both pros and cons.

This hotel has some of the highest highs and lowest lows I've encountered in my travels. Our stay was not cheap by Chiang Mai's standard, and we had very high expectations after reading the reviews. Overall, the hotel staff and their service are excellent as a lot of the reviews mentioned while the hotel room itself was disappointing.

Let's start with what I didn't like:
We stayed in the Deluxe room, which is the smallest room here. The room is standard sized but the bathroom is very small. The shower head does not have enough water pressure and manages to spray water everywhere except for where it's supposed to. The tub does not drain well, so I ended up standing in dirty soapy water. (The water accumulated from a 10mins shower takes about half an hour to drain.) Because of the drainage problem, the shower curtain in the tub soaks in water a lot and looks stained. The tub is so small that it is impossible not to touch the stained curtain while showering. Despite the nice decor of the bathroom, showering here is actually quite an unpleasant experience.

I also had problem with the breakfast. I tried three of the juices and two of them tasted very bitter. Within five minutes, I was gagging and ended up throwing up! Later I was told it was starfruit juice. I grew up drinking starfruit juice and I know for a fact that starfruit juice is not naturally bitter.

Here's what I like about the place:
The hotel is in a quiet area of Chiagmai away from most of the tourist activities, but hotel also offers tuktuk rides into the city for free. The pool is nicely designed and surrounded by a lovely garden. The hotel staff is very professional. They are willing to fix the problems to the best of their abilities. When we fell ill, they offered to cook us congees free of charge.

A handful of other reviews mentioned the same problem we had with the shower. Seems like it's an ongoing problem with just a few rooms. I think our stay would've been much better if we had gotten a larger room.

Room Tip: Room 207 has a small bathroom and the shower is problematic. Avoid it if possible.
3  Thank Tinatar
AttVira, Owner at Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Tinatar,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Puripunn. I was glad that I was be able to meet you personally when you were at the hotel and discussed about your comments of which you also posted them here on TripAdvisor.

First of all, please accept our sincere apology once again for any inconvenient during your stay. Per your comment about shower and bathtub in our Superior room (our entry level room category, not the Deluxe room as you mentioned), all of your comments are all well noted for both immediate and future improvement. Regarding your comment about Starfruit juice, I already instructed my F&B department to stop providing this juice and investigate about this issue.

Apart from above issues, we would like to thank you for your compliment on our services which we will certainly continue trying our best to serve all of our dear guests with our utmost effort. At Puripunn, we always listen and try our best to deliver our guests‘ satisfaction. We do hope that we will have a chance welcome you back sometime in the future.

Kind Regards,

Att Viravaidhya
Owner/Managing Director

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We just spent 3 nights at Puripunn CM.
Puripunn is living up to the most of the reviews here.
Quiet property among the local houses, 100m from the Ping River.
The hospitality is excellent and the room is well decorated with a big bathroom, very romantic setting.
Lots of greens and shades, the swimming pool is not big but relaxing to spend some time there especially for children. Lots of sofa and benches to relax to read a book or for a good conversation.
Breakfast spread includes an egg station, selection of sausages, bacons, cereals, fruits, cakes, bread, yoghurt and good coffee/tea and cappuccino!
They provide several free ride (one-way) on tuk-tuk daily to the CM city areas, it's about 5-10mins walk to the Ping riverside restaurants or about 15mins to the Night Bazaar. Airport is about 20mins away for 120B(one car) or 200B (one van) one-way ticket which we bought from the airport counter.
I have my elderly parents and one teenage boy with us, we had a wonderful time in Puripunn and will recommend to anyone looking for some luxury at CM. We will come back again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family