“Hidden Little Treasure”

Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel
Ranked #17 of 395 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 20 February 2010

We throughly enjoyed our Chinese New Year holiday which included a stay at the Puripunn. The rooms were a good size and very clean. The staff was very attentive and the owner made a point to talk with you and get to know you. I am such a fan of boutique hotels because of the excellent customer service. This facility is located within minutes to the night market and they offer a complimentary shuttle service with a couple different drop off points. If you are ready to go at a time that is not on the shuttle schedule...no problem. They will take you anyway. The pool area is very nice as well. The only negative thing I would say is that there are not a lot of chairs so you may not get one. Really not a huge issue. And I can't forget breakfast....delicious!

I would absolutely stay here again AND recommend that my friends do the same.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 January 2010

We went to Chaing Mai for our wedding and stayed at Puripunn for 6 nights. The rooms are not huge and the standard room has a small en suite but it has everything it needs and was very comfortable and nicely decorated. We got upgraded by the owner when he found out we were getting married, to a superior room that has a much larger bathroom with a bath and seperate rain shower and was on the ground floor. It is a small boutique hotel built a few years ago in Lanna Style around a garden courtyard with a pool and gym! I found it very picturesque. The staff were very polite and friendly. The food was delicious and looked amazing. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk away from the night market or 25 minutes from the old city wall. A tuk tuk from either destination is 60 thb ( just over £1) I will definatly stay here on my next visit to Chaing Mai. We went to The Riverside restaurant for lunch and dinner which has an extensive menu of thai and western food and is only 5 minutes walk away. We also went to whole earth which has thai and indian food. They accepted us as a group of 11 people at 9pm but then rushed us to finish as the kitchen closes at 10pm so our main was brought out before we had eaten our starters.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2010

Tucked away in the back streets of Riverside in Chiang Mai is this small 30 room boutique hotel. From the moment we set foot on the grounds of Puripunn we felt an instant charm. With welcome drink in hand we were guided through the grounds to our room. Every room overlooks the pool but there is still plenty of privacy as the tropical gardens screen the view from your balcony. During our stay the hotel was quiet with only approx. 8-10 guests there.
We stayed in the Deluxe Room, our room had an old world glamour with many antique luxuries your came purchase.
Bathroom was a little compact with only room for 1 person and shower and bath was combined, so could be an issue for some.
The hotels grounds, outdoor music, flower arrangements, style and staff were a welcomed site as we returned each day.
Location - 10 minutes walk to the Riverside restaurants. 15 minutes walk to Night Bazaar. 30 mins walk to Old City and Sunday Market. Hotel has scheduled free Tuk Tuks into town.
I can't wait to return one day to this hotel, to sit in the outdoor breakfast area amongst the gardens eating my thai omlette and sipping coffee whilst being relaxed by the thai music.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NoodleNoodle
Reviewed 15 January 2010

We have two young children and found this hotel to be clean with a nice pool, even a small gym on site. It's close enough to town but just far enough out of the day to day hussle to really be a relaxing hotel.

My family especially enjoyed the morning breakfast out in the courtyard.

I'd recommend it to anyway as a family hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Alaskan25
Reviewed 12 January 2010

The Puripunn is a gem of a hotel. We felt as if we were in the midst of family and friends with the staff being so nice and genuineand the owner being an absolute doll! The plantings and bird sounds made the balconies and exterior facilities inviting to the point of not wanting to leave to explore the rest of Chiang Mai... Loved eating meals outside in the beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I have stayed at many hotels in Chiang Mai and can say with hand on heart that Puripunn is my favourite boutique hotel. It is truly a little oasis in the city and has managed to create a real homely atmosphere and feeling that is very rare. The rooms are well decorated and comfortable with spacious bathrooms and the pool and facilities are all good. The location is excellent and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Away from the night market and main roads Puripunn is hidden away in an old part of town that is a vibrant community with temples, historic buildings and the river just a short walk away. Being walking distance from the smart riverside restaurants and shops (where locals hang out) is more convenient than being close to the (rather touristy) night bazaar. However it is the service that really stands out and Khun Att and his team's attention to your every need is simply extraordinary.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2010

My wife and I were traveling through Thailand on a "Budget Honeymoon". Fortunately I had some miles saved up in which I used to book 2 nights at this hotel. This was the only hotel we didn't look up on TripAdvisor before booking and I was surprised at the luck of our pick...We were greeted with a refreshing wet cloths and fresh strawberry flavored waters, which I was a little under the weather and the combination of these and a relaxing day laying by the pool I immediately felt better...Without going over every other item, this was the BEST hotel we stayed at in all of Thailand. The staff was amazing and friendly - in fact 3 of them wished us well as we left the hotel. I felt sad to say good bye to them as they were so kind to us . The food we ate there was delicious. Any questions we had were answered immediately. They helped us make reservations for a cooking class and had a large tuk tuk to take us anywhere else in the city we needed to go...I recommend this to anyone who stays in Chiang Mai. Don't look anywhere else!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple