The 3 Sis
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$181
US$149
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$439
US$310
Agoda.com
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$124
US$107
U Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$28
All reviewswat chedi luangsunday night marketold cityopen air lobbybed and breakfastdirectly across the streetsunday walking streetbeautiful templekoi pondperfect locationmini fridgerooms were very cleanincluded breakfastelephant nature parktuk tuklaundry servicetwin room
Reviewed 22 September 2008

Went to stay based on Trip Advisor recommendation. Pleasant lovely room, could've earned more stars from me if not because a gentleman who is in-charge as a receptionist yelled at us because we missed the NO SHOES sign in while entering their lobby. He could say it nice and politely and we shouldn't be so shocked.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peacebird
3sisbedandbreakfast, general manager at The 3 Sis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2008

Dear peacebird,

First of all, thank you so much for your comment. We appologize being rude. The male receptionist who worked for us last year (in May 2007, when you stayed) is no longer with 3Sis. However, it could have been because he took too much caution during the rainny season. So, he over-reacted when you didn't know you had to take off your shoes. Please do not mind him.

In any case, I have already emphasized to all the current receptionists to talk to the guest nicely and be helpful to them.

The no shoes policy applies to the B&B house. You can wear shoes in the lobby, which is now in the open area under the vacation lodge building.

Yours Sincerely,
Pop Manachotipong

Reviewed 21 September 2008

What a wonderful surprise. Located in the old city of Chiang Mai right across the street from one of the main temples! My room was simple but lovely, the staff was gracious and so helpful. They helped me book everything from cooking school to a trip Laos. A very quite setting with an open air common place decorated with plush lounging chairs covered in beautiful, colorful thai silk. I loved to sit and read by the water garden & fountians. The resturant has simple but well prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner. Very reasonable prices. My stay could not have been better. Thank you 3 Sis staff!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2008

The new addition to this B&B, the 3 Sis Vacation Lodge is absolutely wonderful. I stayed here for a long weekend while recovering from an illness that required a few nights in Chiang Mai's hospital. My illness very nearly ruined our vacation, but once I left the hospital and checked into this Lodge I was in absolute bliss! Since I couldn't do much of anything, I spend a lot of time in the hotel and in my room - which isn't so bad when it's brand new, spotless, and gorgeously comfortable and scenic. Truly can't say enough good about this place. The staff are all very friendly as well. One major plus is the full cafe / restaurant located downstairs. While the menu is a little limited, the ability to get a real latte or espresso cannot be overlooked in a country where instant coffee rules! Also, the bathroom in the room was really luxurious, another rarity. I've since sent a few groups of friends/family here and they've all had the same reaction. One more plus is the location - right in the center of everything (although one night there was a festival going on late into the night and the noise traveled to our room - but that can be expected when you're in the center of town)

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2008

First and foremost, the response from this hotel, specifically Pop, was great. We booked our reservation at the Vacation Lodge directly with her via email and she answered all of my questions – rates, cost of a taxi to the hotel (flat 120THB), etc. We arrived on a Sunday, which is during the Sunday Market, so access directly in front of the hotel was blocked off and our taxi driver dropped us off about ½ block from the hotel (120THB from the airport), which was no big deal. The Sunday market is nice – much nicer than any of the other markets we’ve been to in Thailand - lots of handmade crafts, and is on the same street as the hotel, which makes browsing the market super convenient. If you want to be near the (every) night market (knock off shoes, bags, glasses, etc), it’ll cost you about 40THB for a tuk-tuk (with some haggling) or you can walk about 20 minutes. We did both.

The lobby is quite nice – open air with plenty of places to relax.

The room, #209, is a nice size with a king bed, safe, and a view of the trees and rooftops. The AC is strong, hot water works well. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, and q-tips are provided. There is also wireless internet in the rooms and PCs in the lobby to use.

The reception staff was very, very helpful and was happy to book our trip to the elephant sanctuary for us. We also rented bikes for the day for 50THB a piece which was a great way to get around the city if you’re up for a bit of an adventure. They were also delightful when I asked them my usual barrage of questions about the local area – what to do, where to go, etc. The staff is invaluable to me when traveling, so major points are won for me here.

Breakfast was included and we had a choice of 5 menu items. Eggs, French toast, pancakes, cornflakes, or a fresh salad. We had the eggs and the pancakes – both of which hit the spot.

For approximately $50USD/night, you can’t beat this place. If I were to fault it for anything – and this is being really, really, really (annoyingly) picky, I’d say that the bathroom lighting was a bit dim if you wear make-up, which, you can’t because it’s so hot it’ll slide off your face. Also, due to the slope of the shower tiles, it drains a tiny bit slow. That being said, I’d stay there again in a heartbeat and would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2008

3 Sis is superbly clean and tidy--a wonderful place to stay at a very reasonable price (we stayed in the new vacation lodge) Lobby is very comfortable with a garden view, free internet access in the lobby, and reference books to use for free.

It is right across from a main temple which means it is easy for taxi's and tuk tuk drivers to find it, and within walking distance of many restaurants and sights in the old city.

The room was very quiet and the bed comfortable. The people at the front desk were relatively helpful considering it is not a concierge service.

Overall a very pleasant experience, and a great price :)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple