The 3 Sis
US$182
Priceline
US$210
US$189
Mercure Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$39
Ruen Come In(Chiang Mai)
US$60
US$49
Agoda.com
The Grand Napat(Chiang Mai)
US$59
US$50
Priceline
Varada Place(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$17
All reviewswat chedi luangb bsunday night marketold cityopen air lobbybed and breakfastdirectly across the streetsunday walking streetbeautiful templekoi pondperfect locationmini fridgerooms were very cleanincluded breakfastelephant nature parktuk tuklaundry service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2009

We happened upon the 3 Sis while visiting Wat Chedi Luang (which is just across the street) and stopped in to check it out. Walking into the spacious, serene lobby and speaking to the staff at the front desk was all I needed to do to know that I wanted to stay there!

I like that the property is family owned, the restaurant serves locally grown food (from dad's garden!), and the staff is treated well. The guest rooms, restaurant, and lobby were all VERY clean, and the staff was really kind and helpful - they even helped us by calling to confirm flights and arranging for taxi pick-up.

The 3 Sis B & B was fantastic all around!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2009

The hotel is conveniently located in the old city, straight on the "walking street" where the Sunday market takes place (the street is not "walking" on weekdays). Rooms of medium size (we stayed in the new building). Nice bathroom. Very clean. Noise insulation between rooms seems very good, but the door and windows let everything through, so it gets noisy on sunday nights (sunday walking street market) and in the mornings (a school nearby) - a reasonable price to pay for a central location. Free wifi. Good European-style breakfast. English speaking staff. Very fast response to direct booking emails - had no problem booking a room "at the last moment" whereas a neighbouring hotel where I also had sent a booking request never replied at all.

Finding a parking spot in the very narrow side street can be a challenge in the peak season.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marassa
Reviewed 11 January 2009

Upon arrival the first thing that we noticed is the friendly en service minded people of the staff. The entry looks warm with nice furniture and the B&B is great!

We stayed for four nights and the only remark we could come up with is the early closure of the restaurant, there is no possibility of getting some drinks after eight o’clock.

The breakfast is an easy pick-one-out-of –five concept, but suits for a B&B. Rooms are clean, spacious and well equipped with safe and TFT-cable-television.

The two computers in the lobby are free to use for internet and WiFi is provided for free as well.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank CeeEst
3sisbedandbreakfast, Management Representative at The 3 Sis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2009

Dear CeeEst,

I and all the staffs at the 3Sis are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. We are taking your suggestions seriously. Thank you so much!

Regarding the drinks after 8pm, you can actually purchase them from the glass-door coolers in the back of the restaurant. Just inform the receptionist on duty. I know this is by no means obvious. Imagining myself in your shoes, I wouldn't have figured this out myself. Therefore, we will put a sign on the cooler and at the reception from now on. So, the future guests would know that they can purchase drinks after 8pm.

Again, thank you very much for taking time to write about us here. We really appreciate it :)

Reviewed 4 January 2009

Our stay with 3sis was simply wonderful. The property itself is beautifully taken care of, simply decorated but tasteful, clean and welcoming. Free internet and wifi to boot. The breakfast was simple but adequate. The hydroponic lettuce for the salad is grown by the famiy itself. Staff was always pleasant and trying to please. Yes there was a morning or two with water pressure/hot water problems in my room when I woke up late but my parents didn't have any. No biggie - even luxury properties in Europe have their problems. But lastly, my parents and I were simply delighted with the Xmas eve stockings hanging on our room doors filled with a lovely small present which my mum had been eyeing at the stores.

Sure I have stayed in cheaper guesthouses in and around Chiang Mai but you cannot beat the central location, the charm and beauty of the house and service level of the staff. Recommended for those who appreciate specialty lodging instead of a glitzy hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Babiguling
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We have stayed here for 2 nights. It was OK. Clean, friendly staff and good location. Breakfast was simple, rooms were simple and overpriced. You can get better value somewhere else...

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends