“nice hotel with a lot of character”
Review of Parami Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Parami Guesthouse
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Nice little hotel in the up and coming riverside area. There are a lot of restaurants nearby and it takes around 15 minutes to walk to the walled city or the markets.
The building has a lot of character with a wooden structure. Staff were very helpful.
Check in/out is only open during the day; at night you let yourself in or out with key.
Breakfast was good (but you pay extra for this).
Maybe some coffee making facilities would be nice.
Very good value for money though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahinguangzhou

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked two nights here but I enjoyed my stay here so I booked another night at short notice, which was absolutely no hassle for the staff, they looked after me very well. Both Roger and Amy who were at the front desk were lovely people and sorted my train to Bangkok perfectly.
Room was basic but clean, exactly what I needed on a budget, location is nice and quiet just a ten minute walk from the city walls, and even closer to the famed night market.
If I return to Chiang Mai, which I most likely will, I'll stay here again for sure.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

One thing I noticed is that every tuk tuk I got home knew exactly where parami was which was a great plus.

Room was clean, bed comfy and shower excellent. WiFi wrecked my head, it stopped working in our room after day 2 and we had to go to reception for signal, even then it randomly cuts out.

Staff were lovely and very helpful regarding bookings. Location was a bit out of the way. I prefered to be in the heart of the old quarter surrounded by bars and markets but if you prefer the riverside chilled side of Chiang mai then cone here.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Podgemonster
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in October and had such a good time. Roger, the owner, is so helpful, as well as his wife who runs the massage/pedicure/manicure saloon next door as the receptionist. You can book a lot of tours as well. The rooms were clean and had enough space. If we ever go back to Chiang mai, we will definitively go to the Parami guesthouse !

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Rooms at Parami are very nice and spotless - you'll get your first proper, hot shower here after a long journey. There is a quaint pond in the middle of it with a cute garden out back.
Roger, the owner, is possibly the nicest man you'll ever meet. He'll set you up with anything and everything you'll need - from food recommendations, to tours and excursions (you can book these through him at Parami). We did a cooking course, elephant rides, saw a Thai boxing match and more...Roger helped us with all of it.
Stayed here after a friend's recommendation from 2006 and when I finally made it there 7 years later I wasn't disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are slightly nicer with a more private feeling. You will be sharing a toilet but...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Staying here actually made our trip to Chiang Mai much more enjoyable and memorable just because of how friendly and helpful the staff were especially the owner Roger! We arrived really early at the guest house around 6am but it was all locked up and wasn't due to open until 7.30am. Luckily one of the members of staff saw us at 6.30 am and let us in to lay in the hammocks around the back until it opened properly and we could check in, so that was a pleasant surprise! The bedroom we stayed in was all it needed to be, basic and clean. The bathroom was the same! We found the guesthouse was in a good location too as it was close to the riverside restaurants and Chinese market and only a 10 minute walk to the main city walls. Would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Everything was average apart from they "accidentally" over charged me and also the trip we book with them wasn't what they said but they have us some money back after complaining. Also location is a tuk tuk from everywhere and we asked for a map and directions were very basic and hard to follow.

• Stayed: August 2013