“Great stay in Chiang Mai!!”
Review of Parami Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Parami Guesthouse
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great stay in Chiang Mai!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Chiang Mai is an amazing place in northern Thailand and the stay at this guesthouse added to our experience! It is situated on a trendy street on the river away from the hussle and bussle of the town but has galleries and shops and comes alive at night in the riverside restaurant which had beautiful food, drink and live bands on every night! Room was spacious but no aircon. The staff could have also been a little more friendly but still an excellent place to stop. We would stay here again if visiting Chiang Mai!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montreal
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The owners were extremely friendly and gave insightful advice about selecting an elephant camp and cooking school!
We arrived earlier than expected and they gave us a better room!
parami is a great location in chiangmai and the owners really know how to treat their guests!

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a great little family run guesthouse conveniently located just outside the old city, maybe 15 minutes walk to the center, and a 5 minute walk to some really nice restaurants and bars. As soon as we walked in, Roger showed us to our room and told us to relax and come down to sort out the actual checking in when we were ready. Once we did, Roger, took out the map and showed us everything we would want to see and answered any questions we would have thought to ask. He also arranged all our excursions and motorbike rentals. They also provided a very affordable western breakfast. All drinks/food were added to a room ledger, based on the honor system, and was added to our final bill at checkout. This made it easy so we didn't have to run to the room for money every time we wanted a drink. The grounds were very nice, with a lot of tropic foliage in the courtyard, hammocks, and even a pond with stepping stones to walk over. If I ever return to Chiang Mai, I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Really helpful friendly staff. Quiet and beautiful place. Nice spacious room. We had a friend in Chiang Mai, we stayed 9 days and we just didn't want to leave, it felt like home ! Stop looking for a place to stay in Chiang Mai, this is the one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aomori, Japan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The beds:
Very comfortable, nice pillows too. I'm usually a picky guy and often travel with my Tepurpedic pillow, but I slept great with the pillows and beds here.
The bathroom:
Nice shower- with hot water too. I used mostly cold water, because it was warm when I visited, but one cool evening I enjoyed having the hot water option. The one odd thing (it seems to be more of a Thailand thing, since my buddy's house had basically the same setup) is that there was no curtain between the shower and the toilet, so the bathroom floor was always wet! I had to wipe off my feet after going to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, checking the mirror, etc. I think it comes with the territory though, so no worries. The toilet was fine, and the butt-washer was SUPER powered so that was fun!
The Breakfast:
It's a little expensive, but it was delicious. I loved the fruit/granola/yogurt mix in the morning (very hard to get that much fresh fruit outside of Thailand), and the Swedish Specialty was amazing (note: I said amazing, not healthy!). I had granola and the Specialty every morning, along with freshly brewed (from a machine) arabica coffee.
The staff:
It was always fun to chat with the receptionist in the morning since she was smart, helpful, spoke great English, and seemed to be quite stylish too. Other mornings, the owner was there too and he and I would chat about my plans for the day and he would give me a few pointers for anything from driving a scooter in traffic to heading up to a mountain-side-temple to foods to keep an eye out for on the street. Great guy, and very helpful and smart too. He clearly knows Chiang Mai, and you should try and pick his brain for all the tips and suggestions you can-- you'll enhance your CM experience greatly with just his help I think.
The price:
Is right. Especially for how nice the place is. Of course just check your budget and the price listed on TripAdvisor to see if the two match up.
Extra bonus:
The black cat there is the CUTEST CAT ever. He can't put his tongue in all the way, so at all times he is walking around sticking his tongue out at the world- even when he's basking/sleeping in the sun. I have two photo-shoots with this cat. Super cute!
Overall:
Just come here. It's great. Obviously, if you check a map you'll see the guest hose isn't inside the old city. Even so, it's just a short hop over the moat- maybe a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My friend and I (2 girls in their mid 20's) stayed her for 5 nights. We had a really wonderful stay. the staff is incredibly helpful with booking trips and treks. They were also extremely friendly and pleasant throughout our entire stay. This guesthouse is extremely charming and has a bit of a rustic feel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were cleaned daily. Parami is an easy walk from the town center, the night market, and great restaurants along the river. Also, their massage parlor next door/attached is great and the masseuses were amazing AND cheerful and friendly. We absolutely loved it here and didn't want to leave. Parami was just an added bonus to make us fall in love with this incredible city.

A few tips, if breakfast wasn't included in your booking, I still recommend eating here. The breakfast was delicious. They make it quickly so you have enough time to scarf it down in the morning before your outing for the day picks you up! The eggs were the best part. My friend I was traveling won't even eat eggs in the states and she ordered them here every morning. I also would recommend the Thai Farm Cooking School class, flight of the gibbon zip lining, and Thai elephant home for elephant riding! ENJOY.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Parami guest house after our original hostel was full! We were extremely lucky to find this gem in the midst of all the guesthouses in Chaing Mai! The room was extremely clean and the shower always had hot water! the bathroom was located outside our room but each room had their designated bathroom so it was not an issue! (They were also cleaned daily which was a mega bonus!!) the location was perfect walking distance to the night bazaar which is highly recommended and plenty of good restaurants and bars that offers variety of food! the front desk staff was extremely helpful with planning all of our excursions and gave great recommendations as to what companies to go with! We stayed here for 4 nights and never had to cab/tuk tuk anywhere which was even better!!! Wifi worked fine for us and we enjoyed the luxury of having it in our room! We loved our time here! If you are looking for some peace and quiet in a friendly clean guesthouse parami is for you!!! And you just can't beat the price!

• Stayed March 2014