The rooms are undoubtedly beautiful at Ayatana. Toiletries were complimentary and replenished every day. Water, tea and coffee were available and also free. The room had modern comforts - air con, cable TV, refrigerator, landline telephone, security deposit box. Wifi was available during my first day and then went down for the remaining 4 nights I was there - bit of a bummer, but just meant going down to reception whenever I needed it. A free shuttle bus service is operated twice a day - morning service takes you to the city (very handy) and evening service heads to the Night Bazaar. Nice decent sized pool, I saw it being cleaned a few times while I was there and seemed clean when I used it.
On the not-so-good side of things, they do have a mosquito problem at the resort which they are upfront about when you get there. You are provided with a mosquito racket, mosquito repellant, mosquito net (around the bed) and a oil burner containing more repellant. However, I still gained around 50 bites during my stay there despite all these precautions and doubling up on my own deet spray. They do inform you not to keep windows and doors open (to prevent mosquitoes flying in), so it was disappointing to see one of the cleaning staff keeping rooms wide open while taking her break in the guest rooms (on more than two occasions). It's a small gripe, but still counter-productive. Another issue, if you have an aversion to/are squeamish at the sight of bugs, then this may not be a comfortable stay for you. There was a roach in my room on arrival and a few other bugs that had found their way in during my stay. Apparently, the problem with bugs/flies/mozzies is down to the water-orientated garden landscape The rainforest shower feature would have been a nice touch, if the one in my room worked properly. Even though Ayatana advertise themselves as a 'Spa Resort', the spa is still in the process of being built so was out of service during my time there.
Overall, the staff were polite and helpful - in particular Dao who was fantastic and even taught me some Thai AND Pinny, who was always helpful. If you don't mind a few bugs and don't have a huge allergic reaction to mosquito bites, then this is a nice, peaceful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience your six senses in the land of Ayatana. Ayatana Hamlet and Spa, Chiang Mai, is a small, friendly and comfortable hotel designed and decorated in the northern Lanna style. AS you walk in from the city to this little hideaway, a welcome smile awaits you and willing hands attend to your every need throughout your stay. Whether relaxing by the pool, enjoying a good meal or simply spending quiet time in your artistically designed room, you are guaranteed a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your B2 Ayatana Premier Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayatana Hamlet And Spa, Chiang Mai
- Ayatana Hamlet & Spa, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ayatana Hamlet Hotel Chiang Mai