“Jeremiah Johnson Music "Very Happy with our booking!!"”

Romyen Garden Resort
Ranked #102 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Cairns, Australia
“Jeremiah Johnson Music "Very Happy with our booking!!"”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We actualy booked this place from Australia and was sold on the reveiws. Romyen was very kind to us, we stayed for 5 nights in Bungalow #3. The owner of the property cooked us tradition Thai food for dinner and the hot breakfast every day were always very good! The manager offered to help us with transport, tour bookings and all the little things that help so much when in another country. It was "THE" cleanest accom in we have booked in Thailand and its cute Gardens really make for a relaxing place to just rest from wiery travel. We recomend that if you are staying more then a few nights to either get a bus timetable before arival or hire some self drive transport.. It is about 15 mins from the city via direct route (highway), but the taxi drivers charge like your flying to Bangkok!! Another added bonus is that Romyen Gardens is BarterCard freindly!

Room Tip: We only stayed in Bungalow #3 and found it to be very cozy and cute. The doors open out onto a veran...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeremiah J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Excellent resort with good clean rooms. Very delicious food available at their restaurant , let them advise you or let them know what you would like to eat. Fantastic breakfast , one time i had scrambled eggs with sunflowers seed bread and the other time omelet stuffed with fried rice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Foek
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My experience at Romyen Gardens was truly delightful and I wholeheartedly recommend staying here if you have a chance. The bungalows are spacious and immaculately clean; being nestled among well established trees and pristine gardens creates for a very peaceful and private atmosphere. Fast and reliable internet Wi-Fi access is available throughout the resort and the restaurant serves up scrumptious Thai and western dishes. I can’t say enough about the amazing host Tim, a very interesting, worldly lady who will put a smile of your face and the silver lining on your stay. Stayed at Romyen Gardens Resort during my first visit to Chiang Mai and very gladly returned two months later for some R&R having travelled through Laos and Cambodia; easily my favourite place in Thailand.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Calum D
Thailand
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This place is amazing, can't believe we found it, is is reasonably priced, the people are just so lovely, the bungalows are very well kept and clean. The gardens here are just magical! That was on of the best things about this place is that is so close to Chiangmai mai centre yet is far enough out to have such a wonderful, chilled out garden. The food is also amazing and well priced. All over a great find, we have just booked ourselfs in for a rather long stay here!

Room Tip: All good
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Hawi, Hawaii
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I was initially going to stay for 3 days...stayed for 5 more until my flight schedule became necessary. The manager changed my room to more meet my needs. I don't recall being treated as good as I was treated at Romyen Garden Resort. The staff was obviously personally invested your wellbeing without being obtrusive. The room was cleaned meticulously and sheets changed daily. The food was traditional northern Thai gourmet-home cooking. The bungalows was large enough for someone like me that needs to spread out. The bungalow was all wood and tile tastefully decorated. The manager was very helpful in explaining how to get around with public transportation and making suggestions. I realized that anyone they recommended was because of the experience and trust in that individual or company. The buildings are in the center of a large property with gardens, a pond and open areas. If you don't prefer to be in an urban setting and bungalow living is for you. I would say that this is the right place.
I will be back this year!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Craig_HI
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Date April 10th. I have just enjoyed four days R and R at the Romyen Garden resort in northern Thailand. I was in town to photograph the annual Songkran festival and I have never experienced such inclusive, personalized service before. It all started from the free pickup at the railway station. When I piled into the air conditioned ute with the owners young sister and aunt I was made to feel part of their large , extended family. I had a sleepless overnight train trip from Bangkok so after giving Auntie some instruction on their inhouse computers ( free internet access of course) and meeting Tim the female owner and niece of Auntie I had a lengthy nap in my air conditioned , private bungalow. I woke up feeling refreshed and ravenous so I wandered over to the outdoor sala and was informed that Auntie had personally made me a whole deep fried fish with chili jam paste . It was absolutely wonderful . I spent the rest of the night just chatting with Tim and listening to her marvellous chillout radio station . Apart from shooting the Songkran activities and attending a cooking class in town , I spent most of my time sitting in the sala drinking the sweet local version of Fanta and listening to my favourite tunes being waited on hand and foot. If you value your privacy the bungalows all come with fully equipped kitchens so you can keep to yourself if you wish. I did enjoy my table tennis battles with younger sister Lek but the highlight would have to be the outdoor massage on my private balcony. Being unusually quiet for this time of the year , Tim was quite happy to drive me around until I got my bearings and hired my own car.There are plenty of picturesque mountain drives to take and no shortage of ancient Buddhist temples to wander through in this part of Chiang Mai. I couldnt recommend a more welcoming and relaxing resort to stay in if you plan to visit northern Thailand.

• Liked — the staff, the exquisite thai cuisine, the outdoor sala and its chillout tunes, the little extras !
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind-they couldnt have done more for me and i will return again and again
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ledmick
Vancouver, BC Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2006

A friend of mine stayed at this place in April, she kept telling me that when I go visit Thailand, I have to go to Chiangmai and particularily stay at Romyen Garden Resort and enjoy their northern hospitality.

It's a very small resort with alot of growth potential. The staff are very friendly and helpful in guiding me through the customs there. They arranged everything for me, from a ride to and from the airport, to a group tour. My only regret is that I wish I had waited until November when they are having their Royal Flora, I bet things are going to be great in Chiangmai then, and this resort is so close to where it's all going to be happening.

So, I highly recomment those who are going to Chiangmai, to spend their nights at this resort you won't regret it.

• Liked — Secluded Bungalow, very roomy, quiet and private.
  • Disliked — a short walk to the main road to catch a bus.
  • Tips/Secrets — look around before settling on the first place you see. Not all resorts are expensive.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Fawnne
#24 of 386 in Chiang Mai
Galare Guest House
Galare Guest House
#68 of 386 in Chiang Mai

Been to Romyen Garden Resort? Share your experiences!