“back to nature” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Columbus, Ohio
“back to nature”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We chose the Romyen because we wanted to experience the countryside after so many stays in Thai cities. Country we got! The grounds are extensive and beautiful, filled with flowers and trees. We woke to birdsong every morning and slept to "jungle noises" at night. The owner was extremely accommodating. We were the only people staying at the time. We had a huge American style breakfast every morning at the time we wanted it. We requested dinner each of the 3 nights we stayed. The food was extremely good, plentiful and varied each night. Our final morning, the owner set us up with therapeutic massages, done in our bungalow. I must say it is probably the best healing massage I have ever had, and only 500 baht for 2 hours.

You do have to be aware of what you are getting into here. I wanted to photograph local flora and fauna, and this is a great spot for that. Our Deluxe bungalow is open to the air in several places, no window screens. If having lizards and bugs in your house bothers you, this is probably not the place for you. Bring your bug repellant, mosquitos thrive here and they tended to congregate in our bathroom. The other members of our party had the standard twin bed bungalow and it was much better sealed off from the outdoors. Also, the location is very remote a nd you have to make your own fun. City is a 350 to 400 baht cab ride away. We used the Romyen as our staging ground for two days of touring with Asia Plus Travel and were quite happy. The owner will let you ride the resort bicycles around and up to a nearby botanical garden and swimming pool. All in all we enjoyed the beauty and character of this place. One more tip. Chiang Mai is full of smoke in March due to farmers burning fields. It didn't bother us much but we ideally would have chosen a different time to visit here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jplapis
TimChiangmai, Manager at Romyen Garden Resort, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you so much for your honest review. B3 will be slightly different after Thai New Year, though. Hope you guys will be back one of these days to enjoy the place and the massage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Jersey, US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I booked the resort after reading all good reviews from this site. I knew the resort is far away from the city center but I didn't know how far is from the airport to the hotel. Normally it takes 120 baht from the airport to any hotel in town but it took 500 baht for us from the airport to this resort (other guests may take only 400 or 450). The problem is the taxi driver don't know where it is. It took a few phone calls to find the place. The room is simple, clean but the shower water was very limited. The host Tim was very nice and helpful. We had a great lunch and dinner in the resort. Tim also helped us call the in room massager which was ver good. Considering the location, we only stayed one night and moved to the city. I would said this resort is good for relax there for long term. But if you only want to stay a few days in Chiang Mai, the place may not be as convenient as staying in town.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelover64
TimChiangmai, Owner at Romyen Garden Resort, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much for your comment. I'm agreed with you there 1 night stay here is not enough.
Benken, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Romyen Garden Resort is a wonderful and lovely place to stay in Chiang Mai. The slogan of the hotel is “where you come as a guest and leave as a friend”. I always felt welcome and I think I’m gonna miss the friendly staff here. Tim (manager) she is doing a really good job with passion. She’s also a traveller and knows exactly what the guests need.

We rent a motorbike for 2 days and then cruised around Chiang Mai. That was awesome! It takes you 20 minutes to ride a scooter to Chiang Mai downtown. We’ve seen a lot of temples.
There’s a restaurant at the resort, and we always ate dinner there. Best Thai Food I’ve ever eaten! Check out the photos. The bungalows are so nice and the atmosphere here is just amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TimChiangmai, Owner at Romyen Garden Resort, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you guys, we've got the Arial pic of yours already. Hope you have a great time in China.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Tried to book a ‘long term stay’ directly via the website reservation 3 days ago. Still waiting for a reply, confirmation or anything useful Romyen Garden Resort ?
Have been reading all the great reviews and have no doubt this is the place for us. I just need some communication pleeeease…

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We did a tour of Thailand. Chiang Mai was our last stop so wanted a nice relaxing atmosphere but close to all the top attractions. Romyen Garden was the best resort we stayed in! We had a private 2 bedroom cottage, very spacious and comfortable. It felt like a home away from home. Tim was a great host, answering all our questions and being easy to deal with. But by far, the food was the top attraction and a total bonus! We were not expecting a 5 course meal! You will not be disappointed if you stay here! I've traveled all over the globe, and I will never forget my stay here...really a pleasure. The owner, and Tim's aunt, who joined us for dinner one night, is an amazing woman with a rich story. Great to add to our list of unique and great places to visit and go back to!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank GlobarWanderer
Thank you so much for the review and hope to be at your services again if you ever want to visit CNX some more times.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My mother and I were lucky enough to stumble across Romyen Garden Resort through a work holiday voucher and neither of us could have been happier. The second I booked the accommodation Tim (the manager) helped me with everything from airport transfers, right through to the best markets to visit and the most well sort after attractions that we would not have been able to find without her. The food was personalised and absolutely beautiful and the room cleanliness and service was also perfection. It felt like our home away from home and you most definitely do leave as a friend. I would recommend this to anyone travelling to Chiang Mai and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Steven C
chumnong m, Owner at Romyen Garden Resort, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Steve,
On behalf of the Management I wish to express my sincere thanks to you and your mom to
choose Romyen Garden Resort for your stay in Chiangmai in Dec.2013. We are impressed by
your genuine and fruitful review/comment submitted to Trip Advisor which makes us to try
our best to provide good services to guests. Hopefully to have opportunity to receive you and
your mom or friends in future. Thank you and Best wishes for the New Year 2014.
Chumnong Madary
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We were hesitant initially, despite the reviews to come to stay at this wonderful place, because the price and the raving reviews simply do not go hand in hand! However, our stay at our first stop in Chiang Mai gave us more than what we expected! 3 things that are highly commendable about this resort.

1) The honestly best Thai food we have ever tasted!
Prepared with love and superb culinary skills by a 76yrs old Auntie, and her loving husband, whom we call as Uncle. You must read the review below for description of the food... I cannot say it any better. The food's gotta get into your mouth for you to believe it. :-) Throughout our 3 nights at Romyen, we had 3 dinners! 2 suppers! and 1 big lunch!! And every meal was different and every dish tasted almost perfect to the tastebuds.

2) Great Host!
Tim is really really helpful and in Singlish (we call it "ching chai"), which means easy-going. She will help you out with almost any of your request most willingly and promptly. And the workers who help out at the resort, even though they do not speak English, you can tell that they are honest good people making a decent living, and respect their job. Good honest people.

3) You must ask Tim to recommend you to Thai Massage (His name is "Nut")
So far, anyone who has been "touched" by Nut says this:" I wish I could bring him home with me to my country, so that he can massage for me everyday!!" And it is only 200baht per hour... for such high quality massage. My goodness!!

Here goes! Hesitate no more.... Go for Romyen Gardens. This is my first ever review written for any resort despite my frequent travelling... I think it says a lot about our experience here.

Happy holidays! And Happy New Year!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank junelws
chumnong m, Owner at Romyen Garden Resort, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Lusi & friends,
Thank you very much for your fruitful compliment contributed to TripAdvisor which will
enhance Romyen Garden Resort to improve the service quality to satisfy our guests.
We really appreciate the fact that you and your friends expressed your experiences during
your stay with us. We, hopefully that we will have opportunity to welcome you and your
friends again in future.