“Learn from a passionate cook and feel well looked after”

Air's Thai Culinary Kitchen
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Private Half-Day Thai Cooking Class in Chiang Mai
Ranked #41 of 75 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Thai Cooking Class in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Our location is 15 minutes drive from the city hotel; 400 meters from Chiang Mai Railway Station and 20 minutes drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. Set in 1.6 acres of tranquil, landscaped grounds in a private house. The cooking class building is on the family's land surrounding with mom's house and mine. The land belongs to the generation and very long time ago. We are 'Green and Clean Place' with trees and variety of plants surrounding our place. An ideal setting for a home kitchen. The kitchen's unique design draws from professional experience and is purpose built, and surrounded with herb and spice gardens. All clients will get a truly unique Thai experience when they attend the class at Air's Thai Culinary Kitchen by 'Air'.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We ended up being the only ones in the class which was great. Personal service. Air picked us up from our hotel, took us to the local market to show us around in detail and also teach us a few things of the culture, before buying the food we'd be using to cook. Learned some great recipes which we have used every week since coming back - we are Thai cooking obsessed, and our food tastes so much more authentic now. Great service and Air takes time to get to know you and share his cooking expertise

1  Thank Mic_Spree
All reviews
"the kitchen"
in 7 reviews
"fresh thai"
"explaining things"
in 2 reviews
"an experience not to be missed"
"local market"
in 13 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Wir haben einen wunderschönen, lehrreichen und lustigen Tag in Air’s Thai Kitchen verbracht. Der Kurs war sehr persönlich und lehrreich. Air hat sich viel Zeit genommen, uns alle Zutaten auf dem lokalen Markt zu erklären und unsere Fragen zu beantworten. Die Open-Air Küche war exotisch, man fühlte sich wie im Dschungel! Es war sehr sauber und perfekt vorbereitet, wir konnten nach der Theorie direkt mit Kochen loslegen. Auch beim Kochen hatten wir immer eine helfende Hand von Air oder seiner Assistentin. Ich kann Air’s Kurs herzlichst empfehlen, Thank you Air! (Fotoaparat nicht vergessen!)
We spent a wonderful, informative and funny day at Air's Thai Kitchen. The course is very personally and informative. Air spent a lot of time to explain all the ingredients from the local market and to answer all our questions. The open-air kitchen is wonderful. It was very clean and perfectly prepared. By cooking, we always had a helping hand from Air or his assistant. I highly recommend Air's course, Thank you Air!

1  Thank Bernie_lu
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a very genuine cooking class (small sized class) by a very experienced chef. Air is also a very genuine, interesting fellow. I'd love to go back and learn more !

1  Thank Daniele_Toni
Reviewed 25 November 2011

If you're looking for a personalised service with friendly helpful experts who are willing to share not only thier excellent cooking knowledge but thier culture, then Air's Thai Culinary Kitchen is definately for you. My husband and I spent an absolute fun day hanging out with Air, learning to cook our favourite Thai dishes and also learning so much about Thailand, the real culture. But most surprising is we feel like we have made a great friend in Air. We can't wait to go back and visit him again. We definately recommend you include this class in your travel plans while in Chang Mai, just remember to take a really big appitite! The food is amazing! P.S. I've even managed to cook the dishes at home. Yay! A wee bit of Thailand to take home with you. Enjoy!

1  Thank Tina M
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 October 2011

What an awesome day!

We were pleasantly surprised when Air picked us up in person in his very own taxi! We then received a very very thorough tour of one of the local "less touristy" markets which was a great experience.

Back at Airs inviting and relaxing establishment we were given a tour of the garden before sitting down to have a chat with Air. Air is a great bloke and over a couple of beers we not only discussed the lesson ahead, but some of the finer points of life. I quickly filled pages in the provided cook book before even stepping into the kitchen!!!

The cooking instruction and demonstration from Air and his assistant was of the highest quality, the food was brilliant (it was very hard to save room for dinner!) and I would say that I've come very close to replicating the Pad Thai since I've been back in Australia (wearing my Air's Kitchen apron). Air always had his camera on hand and the photos were quick to make it to Facebook!

I would definitely be unable to set foot in Chiang Mai again without ensuring that I had secured a booking with Air first! My wife and I had a great day, we learnt a lot, loved Air and would highly recommended his class to anyone!

2  Thank BundyDanger