“Nice spa hotel”

RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort
Ranked #36 of 395 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We got a deluxe room on the 2/F with a balcony that overlooked the swimming pool. The pool is not very big but it's nicely decorated. The sunbathing area is a little bit small with only 8 outdoor lounge chairs. There are not many rooms making it a nice quiet and relax place to stay. One down side is that the hotel's restaurant is located across the street outside of the hotel but the foods there was nice and you can enjoy a great view by the Ping River. There are also a few bars/restaurants nearby. The hotel is quite closed to the night market and there is a shuttle every night at 7pm. We wanted the exercise and the walking distance was only about 15-20 minutes. In general, it's a very nice hotel with friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was my first time to visit RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort. I had spent only 2 days and one night there but I was very impressed with the excellent service and surrounding. I love a historical building with very interesting story behind. Even though I had a short stay at RarinJinda Wellness Spa Resort, I tried one of my favorite spa ' Hot Stone'. It was excellent!! I will back for my next vacation to try another spa. I promise. ^_^

Room Tip: Pool access rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is my first trip in Chiang Mai and I stayed at this beautiful and luxury boutique hotel for 3 night, the room is very tidy and spacious, and I love the essence oil burner that is light up by the staff every night before I went back to the room. All the staff here are very friendly and helpful, especially the hotel manager, Aom, she gave me a feeling that I was at home! Breadfast on Deck 1 is a unforgottable experience with great view of Ping river and delicious fresh foods. Looking forward for re-visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The resort is well maintained and the grounds are lovely. I had two relaxing days here with my two teen girls. They loved the pool and the free daily yoga class. (only 1/day though). Having the spa part of the resort enabled me to enjoy a 2hr thai massage at 9.30pm in beautiful surroundings. It was a haven from the busy Chiang Mai.
However, organising transport and tours appear to be separate from the resort, quite overpriced and limited to what they can provide. Easy resolution was to do my own research in my room from your free Wifi.
The free breakfast was lovely every morning but the staff at the restaurant do not appear very attentive. Having to stand in front of them to request coffee and teas is not on.
Minor issues but irritating from what was a lovely short visit.
They have rooms with adjoining internal doors which was great for our family.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool. The rooms attached to the pools are a bit more but great if you like it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is our first trip to Chiang Mai and we chose the right place to stay. This trip only has 2 adults, so it was pretty easy travelling. The resort is absolutely beautiful, full of luscious greenery and water sound to give us a relaxing feeling that we are really on a vacation. Breakfast is a thumbs up for me, especially the salad, pumpkin seeds dressing. All healthy and yummy. The restaurant, Deck 1 is over-looking the river, Ping. I wouldn't ask for more. Love the spa treatment too. Felt totally at ease and peaceful. Location is just walking distance to night bazaar, perhaps, 15 minutes of a good stroll. Facilities are all in tact, room spacious and clean and bright too. Staffs are all very polite and helpful. They also have a good tour agency that ties and sit in the resort too if you are keen to do some touring in and out of Chiang Mai. You can look for Mr. Cha, a kind and helpful gentleman from that in-house tour company.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sueth178
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We are travel with kid and elderly in Jan 2014, the hotel stuff are very helpful, especially, they provide the extra bed for our stay, as my 3yrs old kid is too big and the baby cot is not suitable for him.
I love the Deck 1 restaurant, we went there for breakfast and dinner for few times for our stay.
We booked the hotel again in Aug 2014, looking foward for the re-visit again.

Room Tip: Poolside access room is good for the kid
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KatieWan
Reviewed 25 June 2014

On our holiday in Chiang Mai, we tried 5 different spas in Chiang Mai. Rarinjinda was one of them. We made a reservation and dropped in later to have two full body oil massages. Unfortunately we did not know the offer of 20% discount if paid 3 days upfront for an appointment 3 days from the payment date. Well, thats how the discount was offered.

The massage itself was great. The room had all facilities and they were very good. A welcome drink (mango juice) was offered. After the massage, we were provided with mango and sticky rice and also a tea. There was a small snack bar kind of arrangement near the reception where one could refresh after the massage. It was excellent.

The spa is located on the other side of the river and if you are staying in the centre of the city, then it will be a 60-100THB tuktuk ride. But its not too far too.

The massage was great. I felt the masseuse did not have enough experience though. Bit of uneven pressure. But was rhythmic.

Will definiely visit again during my next trip to Chiang Mai.

Room Tip: If you book 3 days in advance, the spa offers a 20% discount.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends