Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
U Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
  • Breakfast included
Moon Dragon Hotel(Chiang Mai)
  • Pool
Viangluang Resort(Chiang Mai)
  • Pool
Tamarind Village(Chiang Mai)
  • Restaurant
Anodard Hotel(Chiang Mai)
Kavil Guesthouse(Chiang Mai)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssunday marketgreat locationold citycentral locationno liftsunday walking streetwat chedi luangincluded breakfasta great place to stayfourth floorwithin easy walking distancestreet noisegreat roomfamily roommini fridgelight sleeperthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed three nights at The Parasol Inn. It was a five minute ride from the train station and had an excellent location right off the street where the Chiang Mai Night Market is located during the weekends. We stayed in a room for three; it had a huge queen/king sized bed and another full sized bed. The room was very clean and had excellent A/C, and the bathrooms even came with shampoo and soap dispensers. The hotel staff was very pleasant and very nice. We used the laundry service on the last day and it was a great price and clothes came back looking great.

Our room had a window facing the main street and we could see the Night Market from it. While you could hear some noise from the Market, it wasn't distracting in the slightest. We were so tired after every day we fell asleep and stayed asleep with no problems. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance, as well as 7-11s, plus you're only a few blocks from an entrance to outside the wall.

Each morning included a breakfast at their attached restaurant, which was plenty of food. We didn't try anything else there, but it was a beautiful little place.

I would definitely go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: Stairs were a bit steep to climb (they were all different rises so it felt very awkward to walk up) so if you have trouble with that, request a room on one of the lower floors. I don't believe there were rooms on the ground floor at all.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steph01924
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about Parasol Inn Chiangmai.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your holidays so much. I will share with our team your comments.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The Good:
1. Location: Right at the crossroads of the Sunday Night Market. (Although you do have to walk quite a few blocks to get to the Thapae Gate and the daily Night Market which are more at the center of town.)
2. Clean rooms and friendly service (locked my key in my suitcase and one of the staff helped me try the lock open)

The Not-so-Good:
1. We asked for an airport transfer and the hotel charged us 300 Baht for one way. When we got to our room we saw a flyer that said airport transfers cost 150 Baht for one way. Huh? So we complained and the front desk gave us some story about how they hire out the car service for transfers, etc. Anyways, in the end the hotel offered to pay for our transfer back to the airport when we left. So it all worked out, but beware of this if you book this hotel!
2. Complimentary Breakfast was pretty meager. We constantly asked for hardboiled eggs and they always brought us eggs that were still VERY runny. Even after we asked to be done for 10 minutes (just to be safe) they would still bring back runny eggs. The servings are quite sparse as well.

HEADS UP: The tours available to book through the hotel are about 200-300 Baht over-priced. You can book the EXACT SAME tours if you go around the corner to another tour company for several hundred Baht (on average) less!!!!

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Room Tip: For breakfast I suggest asking for the menu. The complimentary breakfasts are meagre and there are far more options in the actual menu. I suggest the yogurt and musli. Very good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comment so i can be updated on what my customer is dealing with.
Please let me begin, by apologizing for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us at Parasol Inn Chiangmai regarding our services.Let me inform you that the rate you see is for our hotel car which is not available that day and to hire taxi to pick you up they charges two ways since they leave with empty car but if you come in town taxi station is at the airport they charged one way which is 150 Baht. Our custormer should have given you a clear information of what is going on and they should have offer to let you use red car taxi which is much cheaper. For your breakfast we now hire new waiter who speak and understand better enlish. Now corrective action have been taken. For the tours we are not over priced but we use better car for the service and we give the full tour but the way they can make it cheaper they use no aircondition truck this is no excuse but it is the real fact. We appreciate you taking the time as this feedback helps us determine areas of improvement. We would like to make it right "Our goal is to satisfy all customers needs". We would once again like the opportunity to serve your needs in the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I have stayed at the Parasol Inn twice now. In addition to the stylish Thai decor, the staff are the hotel's most charming feature. Excellent location for the Sunday market, and reasonably priced rooms (esp if you book for more than two nights). They're currently extending their restaurant to include live music and a more fully featured bar.

Room Tip: Only the Grand Parasol rooms have a balcony or window with a view, the other rooms' internal windows weirdly open up to the bathroom (which have windows too, but who wants to go in the bathroom for a view)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Rob V

Dear Our Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments about Parasol Inn on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your holidays among us.
Nice to hear you are back to us for second time. We look forward to be in your service in next visit.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here in February. The staff was great. They were helpful and friendly, booked some tours for me. I extended my stay after I arrived and they were able to keep me in the room I preferred.
My room was spacious and clean. I had a room in the front with a view. I think the rooms in the back were blocked in. The bathrooms could use some updating.

Its also right in the middle of the sunday walking market.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we provided everything that you needed. I am glad that you mention on our bathroom update as your advise i am happy to inform you that we will do it within this two months or so, and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Your comments is our goal.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I can't say enough about this place. Price is reasonable, room clean and well serviced.
The staff was amazing,their English was great, they went out of their way to look after me.
Location is perfect, Sunday walking street is on your doorstep.
When I return to Chiang Mai I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be passing on your feedback to my team. I was delighted that you liked your overall experience of The Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back personally on your next visit.

Kind Regards,