“Personally I will not recommend to anyone I know, ever, even acquaintances.”

Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #69 of 775 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I know service costs, for sure. But I didn't know it cost so much in this inn.

First of all, we have a rather intense schedule for the northern part. So basically we do plan on relying most of the tours, tickets to "friendly staff." As it turned out, the "friendly staff" cost us a Sukhothai trip, and double-priced tickets to Bangkok.

For Sukhothai trip, we asked for tickets booking when we arrived the inn, the staff warned us about the tickets will be only available at noon, Dec 24. That's after we booked a morning jungle flight tour. We cannot make it for sure, because it will be at noon when we came back from the jungle. She tried and said the ticket is fully booked. That's when we rushed to a nearby B&B and got another full priced room, and had to give up the room in Sukhothai, which we had booked a month ago.

And a new friend we met at jungle flight were on his way to Sukhothai that very night, and he said the seats are many.

For the double priced part, as we learned the false "fully-booked" situation, we decided to ask for help, two bus tickets to Bangkok in advance. "1000 bahts" the staff said "each, with taxi pick-up." At the time we didn't know the cost. But roughly it should be cost like seven or eight hundreds each, and there should be a proper taxi coming for pick-up.

Of course it's a tuk-tuk came picking us up. And the ticket to Bangkok costs less than 600 bahts each. Are you kidding me Parasol Inn?

Based on the fact above, I will NOT book this inn ever.

• Stayed: December 2012
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear Our Precious Guest,
We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction in our hotel services on booking your tickets. We have a limited list of company that have the fix cost for our staff they are not allowed to sell on other price. We do not force our customer to buy from us as we know that our rates and standards are higher than the market price and any other hotel also does the same if they have a tour desk. We are strickly control on our system since we want to control our staff work process.
Thank you for sparing your time in bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in our service. Your comments will help us serve you and our entire guest better in the future.
We apologize for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.
We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality

Reviewed 6 December 2012

i stayed at Parasol Inn for 2 nights late november and i really had a great stay rooms are big, clean, staff is so helpful and friendly, very good location and nice restaurant. i do recommend it and would love to be back again

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Our Precious Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be passing on your feedback to my team. I was delighted that you liked your overall experience our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back personally on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

Right in the centre of the old city. Staff were helpful (as they should be, they get a commission for all services the give business too!). Room could be considered noisy if that bothers you? Not me! Plenty of cheaper around that'll offer the same though. All services are at your finger tips and everything is within walking distance. Except the planes trains and buses!

• Stayed: November 2012
parasolinn, Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

There was mix up with my booking. Staff went out of their way to help securing me a room in a nearby hotel for one night even paying the extra cost. I was escorted to other hotel and in the morning staff came to carry my luggage back to Parasol once my room was ready. Staff also helped with booking bus to Sukhothai and organised for same day service for my laundry. 10 out of 10 for excellent customer service would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Our Precious Guest,
We would like to say thank you very very much for your comments and we really do appreciate that you have had a good time while your staying with us. We look to be in your service in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed in this hotel only for one night. The reception looks nice, clean and cozy, however, the receptionist will require to copy your credit card even if you pay for the room ahead. The reason is that they want to be sure that you do not steal from the minibar without paying. Actually, before leaving the hotel the next morning, the staff checked the room whether everything was present... We did not like this approach and felt as if we were not trustworthy enough. This has happend neither in the other hotel in Chiang Mai nor in other places in Thailand.

We booked a taxi from the reception, we were told that the rate is 150 BHT. The other morning, the other receptionist told us that we did not confirm the taxi in the evening (we were not told to) and therefore, it was cancelled. The "morning rate" for the taxi was 200 BHT.

The room itself is ok, the bathroom was clean. There is no lift. As the hotel is located on a busy street, it tends to be noisy at night. The location itself is great, next to Thapae gate.

1  Thank Frfloska

Dear our valued customer,
First of all we like to apologize for the misunderstanding about our hotel credit card policy. Our staff may express it in a wrong phrase. By asking for your credit card means that you are committing yourself to pay for the charges that may occur during your stay with us. When our hotel takes your credit card information, it's not immediately charging you. For transportation you must have not read in our room and website on price offer which we have made clear on timing and customer need to book and make payment for confirmation.
Once again on my behalf i am sorry for the inconvenience that my staff may have caused during your stay. We hope to be the best service for you in future.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is my second review of this hotel and it is still excellent. Stayed for 10 days and we were made to feel as if we were at home. Rooms are good and clean location of hotel could not be better close to restaurants and on the door step for the Sunday walking market.Staff are excellent and very friendly.Breakfast could be better buffet style would be a good idea.Will be staying again next year.

Dear Our Precious Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Love to hear that it is your second visit at our hotel. I will be passing on your feedback to my team. I was delighted that you liked your overall experience our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back personally on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

This is a small hotel near the centre of Chiang Mai. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was a good size and clean, however housekeeping tended to forget to restock the coffee and toilet paper, and towels one one occasion, which were later delivered without having to request them. The bed is also extremely firm. The hotel is next to a temple and is within walking distance of many more. Sunday night markets are right outside the door. My partner enjoyed several massages within the hotel, prices are good. There is an attached restaurant with good food, but does not seem to be open for dinner. This is not an issue as there are quite a few places to eat within a few minutes walk. Free internet which is great

1  Thank bje2000

Dear Our Precious Guest,
I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very pleased to read your review concerning our housekeeping service about tissue, coffee and towel. I have already ask my general manager to investigate our housekeeping department of this issue. Now corrective action has been taken by using house keeping check list. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.