“No window in room, strange decor, uncomfortable bed.”

Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #73 of 801 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The biggest turn off of this hotel was that our room did not have a window. Also, there were curtains where a window used to be but then led to the bathroom instead. The decor looked like a creepy clown kids room. It was just weird and everything was underwhelming from the staff, to the uncomfortable bed, to the breakfast. One of the worst places we stayed in our 3 months traveling SE Asia and one of the more expensive. Not to mention that my boyfriend got bitten by a dog 2 blocks away leading to a series of 5 expensive rabies shots.

• Stayed: May 2014
NimmanMaiHotel, Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time to write a review of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. As you can see our hotel structure is very limited and we are unable to have rooms with window on the backside especially second floor since there is limited space due to the building next to us.

Your review has been taken seriously and we have followed up with the Departments concerned, especially Front Office and Housekeeping for more controlling to ensure such matter will not happen again in the future. We are continuously trying to improve our services in order to meet our Guest's expectations.

We are also sorry about the dog that bite your boyfriend but it is not our hotel responsibilities to take care of outside area but if you have asked us for help we would have help you out with first aids and transfer you to the hospital.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here back in 2009 on a group travel tour and loved it so when I went back it was no choice.
It is in a perfect location. We walked everywhere! There was no need to catch a taxi except to and from the airport.
The front desk staff were always friendly, and helped organise tours for us on short notice. They gave us maps and showed us where some beautiful temples were. Would definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Our Precious Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Hotel with other Trip Advisor users. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that you have found our location, ambiance and service to your satisfaction.
I appreciate your feedback and comments as these will help us improve on you standards of quality and service.
I do hope we shall have the pleasure to welcome you again, for your third visit.

Best Regards

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Clean room,nice people,it‘s my best memory in Chiang Mai.
If u choose it,u will never regret.
We stay three nights at here,it's feels like home.People in here are very nice and service is perfect!
The breakfast is also good!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Our Precious Guest,

Thank you for your great review and high rating to our hotel.

We are pleased to know that your stay was as you expected from Parasol Inn about all the services you stated like the food, the hotel conditions and the treatment of our colleagues.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Parasol Inn is a great place to stay in Chiang Mai, it's conveniently located right in the middle of the old city, right around the corner from the spectacular Wat Chedhi Luang temple, in fact I could see it from my bathroom window!

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and gave me 2 free maps when I arrived, they can also help you to arrange a number of excursions and can drive you to the airport.

The only thing I disliked was the bed which was a little hard for my liking but other than that it's great and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, safe place to stay. The free breakfast was nice, one morning while waiting to be picked up for an excursion the lady on reception came out into the street to ask me if I had eaten as she noticed that I didn't have breakfast that morning! It's little things like this that make you realise how much they care about their guests.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and have a real personality and lots of colour unlike some of the neutrally coloured boring chain hotels that we have all stayed in from time to time.

There's plenty of nice restaurants in the area and I cannot recommend 'Thais That Bind' highly enough for a cheap and delicious meal! It's easy to walk to most places but if you need a tuk tuk there's always one ready to pick you up.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Oneiro22

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review and high rating to our hotel.

We wish to see you back soon at our hotel to enjoy the same level you experienced during your last stay at our hotel and we will surely consider on your advice about our hotel beds.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

i stayed for 3 nights and had a front room, beautifull painted walls, very clean, free fruit and water,
it was only noisey one night when it was the market outside, but I knew this and was happy to be able to walk around market and hear the live music
the staff were very friendly and helpful
breakfast included, basic, but considering the price it was good
perfect for shops and massage ect.
air conditioning worked and not too noisey either
and plenty of tuts to take you anywhere you want to go.

Room Tip: front can be noisey on market night
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cathymarshall
parasolinn, Manager at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Dinagh82,

Thank you for your nice review and complements you stated towards our hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay .

We will be glad to welcome you again to enjoy our friendly service that Parasol Inn are providing it to our guests who deserve to do the best to please them.

Wish to be on contact with you whenever you will think to come back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We came here directly from the airport and stayed our first night in Chiang Mai. Location was perfect, across the street from Songkran festivities and close enough for us to run in and change into dry clothes when we had had enough of the waterworks. Service was superb. The gentleman behind the desk gave us useful information about nearby ATMs and laundry services (the hotel usually does personal laundry just not while we were there because of Songkran). Lobby has A/C and wi-fi. Rooms also have wi-fi though signal was spotty at times. Breakfast, which was included in the rate, was delicious. Try the Thai breakfast!

My only complaint is that somehow insects got into the room. I woke up several times in the night to the sound of a mosquito buzzing around my face and woke up with bites on my cheek and chin. I also had spider bites down one side of my body. Perhaps this was an isolated experience, but if you're bug-averse as I am this might be something for you to consider.

Room Tip: We stayed in the last room on the second floor and had a bit of a mosquito issue.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cesguerr

Dear Hotel Guest,
We would like to thank you for your preference to the Parasol Inn hotel. Your comments were shared with the hotel's team and we were delighted to receive your positive feedback since our mission is your satisfaction. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again at the Parasol Inn hotel. Sincerely,

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I came to Thailand In February, and Chiang Mai was my second destination. I chose this hotel based on reviews and it's location. I was not disappointed. It's in the centre of the old city, making it easy to get anywhere. Saying that the staff was incredible is an understatement. They were simply phenomenal. Anytime I had a question or needed assistance, they offered their help and best, honest advice.

As great as everyone was, I have to mention someone in particular that made my trip even more memorable. His name is Carl, and he was a genuine friend to me while I was in Thailand. Simple things, like teaching me words and phrases in Thai, sitting down for a conversation, or just being generally interested in getting to know me made me feel like this place was a second home.

Not only would I recommend this place to everyone, but I'd honestly say to flag down Carl and start up a conversation with him. His hard working, positive attitude can clearly be attributed to the success of the Parasol Inn. I hope they realize just how great of an employee they have.

Thanks to everyone for making my stay in Chiang Mai memorable. I'll never forget it.

James

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank JamesFromCalgary
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Hotel Chiang Mai by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in our world; our guests.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff have gone above and beyond in terms of service.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you (and serving you) in the near future.
Yours in Hospitality,