“Wonderful hotel with incredible service”

and 1 more site!
Huarn Jana Boutique Resort
Ranked #314 of 402 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Fondcome Village is an amazing place to stay. I was there for 2 nights and stayed at Kon Muang (farmer) villa, the room was unique, the view was stunning and the service was great. I wish I could stay there longer, but I had already booked another place in town ;( The hotel is a bit far from the city (about 10 minutes to the airport), but that's not really a problem since they provide free shuttle to night market, walking street and night safari. The food at Huay Chang Kaew Restaurant was delicious, I like spring roll stuff with cheese and banana. The hotel also provide free wireless internet in the restaurant which is great. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a unique place, reasonable price, great view and great service.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 July 2009

From the first moment we were collected from the airport the staff couldn't do enough for us from being driven around,to helping organise our days activities the staff were very efficient and helpful, and extremely friendly. there are lots of cute little pet rabbits left to roam the grounds, its is situated next to a river which is lovely!
We treated ourself to a massage here and I would highly recommend this here as with the setting it felt so relaxing and tranquil.

The food was very nice some of the best we had in thailand, and the bannana pancakes for breakfast are a must try, the chef was very friendly and polite he even came out to speak to us whilst we dined one night which was very nice of him,

The hotel is situated about 5-10 mins out of the the main town but this is nice as its very peaceful,

As for chiang mai itself it was one of the highlights of the holiday and would be recommended to all, on one of the days we went to baanthai cooking school where we were greeted by a very friendly staff, our teacher's english was excellent and she was very knowlegeable, if you've been to thailand before you'll know this is the best food in the world and we were taught how to make it as they do, we were given a book full of different recipes, me and my partner were taught so much of which we are cooking most of the time still,

for one of our other days out we went to Tiger kingdom, this was a nice experience but you only need to spend around 2 hours here and it costs around £10-15 each person to go in with the medium sized tigers, there are allot of staff with you all the time so you feel very safe,

The night safari at chiang mai was also a lovely experience, and finished off with a brilliant laser show over the large lake, this wasn't very expensive and was a nice way of spending a night,

Chiang mai itself on a night time had one of the best markets we went to in thailand, and we went to allot!! it had a wide range of people with their own crafts and skills, from jewellery to soap carving. you felt less hassled than most markets,

overall I'd say 3-4 days is an adequate time to spend here but I'm sure we only scratched the surface of this lovely place, oh and chiang mai sausage is very nice!!

Overall a LOVELY hotel and will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank calumYork
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Unique design for each room type. It's totally reflect the different ethnic in Lanna which has good cultural blend. With Greenery Landscape surrounding by canal and mountain, i really feel comfortable and find peace of mind. Food also good. Try some local food. It's yummy. They have great chef here. Resort situated not far from Chiangmai town. it will take around 15-20 min to get back from the town. I would like to recommend to anybody who seeking some quiet place to relax and stress relieve.

Reviewed 22 June 2009

I've been to Chiang Mai for the first time and randomly chosen Fondcome Village resort for my resort destination. As reviewing in the website of the resort, I and my friend immediately chose this place as it's such an awesome place. There were many themes of room which you could not find it easily in this entire world. In terms of hospitalities, just one word to say "superb". All staff was very nice and warmly welcome that you could touch the warmness of real local people. Another things which I won't forget to mention is the Chef. We were so impressive and remember that we ordered a dish which was not in the menu but with his kindness, he made a gorgeous local dish for us and of course, absolutely beautiful.

With four nights at Fondcome, it is one of the most happy time of me and my friend. We got more than leisure and relaxation.

Love you, Fondcome!

Reviewed 4 May 2009

Fondcome's location is set just outside the city in the countryside, the river which meanders around the 'village' is very relaxing and picturesque.
The natural looking pool and waterfall is very welcoming, especially on a hot day. The rooms were immaculately clean, well maintained and the extensive choice and styles of the rooms makes the experience very unique.

A very enjoyable and relaxing stay, I would defiantly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Don't know where to begin...ummm...

Fondcome Village is a perfect get away from the heckticness of the life in the city... The resort is build to what feel like in the middle of nowhere, yet only 30 mins. drive from the center of Chiangmai city. It has the feel of a five star hotel in terms of service that's provided... a perfect blend of everyday comfort and 30 years ago unspoiled Chiangmai.
Being at the resort is also like... ummm... in a fantasy land (big part due to the free running rabbits), there's a beautiful man make waterfall which also double as a swimming pool area... the service is awesome, with everyone smiling all the time (Make you feel like a king/ princess), I love the traditional feel of the place and the people... Love it.

There's so much that I can write, though I'm not that great a writer... but I know do know a gem when I see one... This is one of those places where you feel happy and relax just being there and do nothing else... I hope this make sense :)

Reviewed 1 May 2009

My wife and I have just spent four wonderfully relaxing 4 days at the Fondcome for our 20th wedding anniversary. It was a totally enjoyable and relaxing time spent in a wonderful location with excellent service by professional, friendly staff.

We live in Thailand and are used to the friendly Thai culture and service. We found that the staff and management at Fondcome have taken their service to another level of excellence. Their attention to us was always courteous and thoughtful and certainly always with warm smiles and politeness.

It was difficult to choose a room as there was such a variety and they were all delightfully decorated, each with it's own unique feel. Our room was clean, comfortable and private. I must admit I did not pay much attention to amenities as I was there just to relax. My wife enjoyed a two hour massage and said it was the best she's ever experienced.

We did not want to leave the Fondcome ... and we will certainly be back there in the future!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple