“A perfect stay”

All in 1 Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 736 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
“A perfect stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

After staying at another hotel we switched to all in1 guesthouse. Soon arriving we were greeted with a warm welcome by Gilles and family. Our Room was spotless and in choosing a fan room we were shocked to received not one but two large fans that kept our room at a perfect temp. The guesthouse is in an ideal location in old town close to night markets and temples. The house suggested we do some tours of temples, but after explaining that I did not have long pants or skirt in order to visit the lovely lady at the front desk let me borrow one of hers!!- how wonderful and caring on such a personal level In finding out that we were headed to Bangkok next Gilles helped in suggesting hotels and attractions to visit and allowed us not only to leave our bags with them until we took the night bus after checking out but also a room so that we could freshen up before we departed....this place is a gem, thank you for such warm hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This guesthouse is great - big rooms, with hot water, a big tv, air con, fast wifi and a fridge! The rooms are quiet and sound does not travel. The location is great, about ten minutes walking from tephae gate, with bars and restaurants on the doorstep. The breakfast provided is lovely, generous portions and a lovely place to sit. The staff are extremely helpful- it is worth asking them how much Sontal journeys should cost so you don't get ripped off! Gilles was also extremely friendly- giving us a free drink on our last night and offering us advice on our future travels. We loved our stay here and felt very much at home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2013

In November 2012 I booked a 6 night stay for February 2013. Everything seemed to go well in the booking process with Gilles, the owner. He did not ask for a deposit and the email responses were cordial. The problem arose when my wife and I arrived on February 26, 2013. We were told by the lady at the desk that the toilet in the room they had reserved for us was broken and they had no other rooms available. She said Gilles had sent us an email about this. I had real time access to my email and had checked it 2 hours earlier and had nothing. Gilles was not there at the time. She then said she would go down the street to "see if she could find us another place to stay". (her words, not mine). She returned and took us to another guest house and turned us over to the desk clerk and promptly left. Although the room was not exactly what I would have chosen, I decided to take it rather than sleep in the street. To his credit, Gilles did search us out later that evening, I guess to discuss the situation. I asked him why he didn't send us an email, and he said because we were traveling. By not sending me an email, any option to try and book one of the other places that I had looked at was denied me. I bid Gilles good evening as I had nothing further to say. My wife then said "We trusted you and you let us down" He got irate, shouted "what do you want me to do, give you a room with a broken toilet?" and stalked off. I am not unreasonable. I understand things break and are out of management's control. BUT, why weren't we notified and most importantly why did they not book another place rather than wait till we arrived and "try to find another place for us to stay". We arrived at 2 PM. I believe if we had arrived at 8PM it is possible that other places would have been booked and we would have been dumped into the street to sleep. Poorly handled. I noticed Trip advisor gave this establishment some sort of award in 2012. I suggest my situation be reviewed before issuing any more awards to the All in 1. If you decide to book here and something like this happens to you, keep in mind you might find yourself sleeping in the street. My advice, take your business elsewhere!!

GK South Carolina, USA

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank George K
zinegilou, Manager at All in 1 Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
if someone wants to see the negative side of internet reviews, this is one. This courageous gentleman gives us, confortably seated behind his computer, a TERRIBLE rating just because we had broken toilets and because he was not informed hour by hour about the evolution of the situation during his trip. TERRIBLE WHAT?
we would have given to this gentleman a room with broken toilets, it would have been interesting to see our rating, for sure TERRIBLE as well.
to my point of view, i would have said, helas, this can happen, thanks for helping us to find a room during a very very busy period and sorry for the broken equipment. his comment : we prefered keeping the room instead of having to sleep on the street is highly and simply LAUGHABLE.
He did not want to hear, did not want to speak, it was simply unacceptable to have broken toilets

morality : dont be fully booked with broken toilets in a room, because you become TERRIBLE

i give to this comment the following rating (quizz :O) I---T and sorry for the TERRIBLE broken toilets :O)

Terrible Gilles, All in 1 Guesthouse
Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

A terrific guesthouse in a great location within the old city, near numerous temples, bars and restaurants and close to "walking street" and other amenities. Excellent sized, clean rooms, light and airy with fan, a/c, TV and fridge. A tranquil garden for a lazy breakfast or late night drink, free wi fi to stay in touch and superb, helpful staff. Would definitely recommend and will be staying again in the future.

Room Tip: 1st floor and corner rooms light and airy
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank terrywinters
Toronto
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We loved All in 1 because of the large and clean room, with TV and fridge, very cute sitting area and bar, free computer use, friendly owner and staff. The location is within the old city and along a small side street. The old alley ways are a maze and you could easily get lost but after a couple days of walking around and by using a map you can get oriented. The winding alley streets are lined with adorable bars, restaurants, massage....
We had a room on the corner with large windows and balcony along two walls. Great value.
We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Dash restaurant which is very close to All in 1.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Nice location and very good guesthouse. We stayed there several days. Very clean room and friendly staff. Always there is we need information. Good internet and very near many mak\rkets, temples, restaurants. But a little too near bars.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Found Gilles and his staff to be very friendly and helpful , Gilles has a good knowledge of the area and can offer lots of advice. Booked a full day trip with them and the cost was the same as all the tour operators. Rooms are clean and functional and the hotel is Well place for walking to bars and eating places etc. we stayed 7 nights and would return.

The only downside is that it has no views as it is in a small side street

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple