“Great guesthouse”

Ranked #10 of 747 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great guesthouse”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely guesthouse, clean, beautifully decorated room, great location in the corner of the old city.

Only very slight annoyance was a nearby club playing incredibly loud music until 5am two nights in a row. Could hear the bass through earplugs.

Don't let that put you off though, lovely guesthouse.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank birdybird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Once booked we contacted the All in 1 to ask if we could check in early as we were arriving on the overnight bus from Bangkok. Swift response from Gilles the owner said that if our room wasn't ready, they would find an alternative and there would be no extra charge for early arrival. Gilles is passionate about looking after his guests and has passed this enthusiasm onto his staff, who are very friendly and efficient. Situated in a quieter part of Chang Mai, the location is perfect for walking out into the old city and also the busy area near the night market if you want an increased tempo. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I travelled to Chaing Mai over 26 years ago and wanted an experience for my family to remember (my husband and three teenagers). Gilles corresponded to me prior to our visit and helped me plan our visit, this saved me a whole heap of time and energy. A recommendation to anyone planning to stay here, wait till you speak with Gilles to book any trips, he was a wealth of information. The tours were amazing value for money, non-touristy, you won't be disappointed, especially the Elephant Mahout trip. Sophie was amazing and helpful when booking trips, spoke brilliant English, so communication was not a problem here. The rooms were comfortable, we always had warm water and the air conditioning was very welcome come night time. Plenty of good restaurants to choose from within walking distance, tuk tuk's to night market and weekend markets were inexpensive and pick ups for any travel arrangements made were always on time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to try out the massage, maybe next time! I recommend this guesthouse for any family wanting a cheaper alternative to hotels with all the extras included. Thankyou to Gilles and all of the staff at All in 1.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

It's been a year since I went to Thailand and Chiang Mai was my favourite location out of that trip. The All in 1 Guesthouse was perfect - the staff were super friendly and helpful and it's in a great location.
My friend and I really felt at home here and made friends very easily - with the owner and his family and staff, with our local taxi driver, with the local restaurant owners (go to Dash! great food!), and with other guests.

If I ever have the opportunity to go back there, I know where I'll be staying :)

Room Tip: Go for Air conditioning, otherwise you'll regret it!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I absolutely agree with the 'beware' reviewer, The guest house is far too pleasant, with its' relaxed atmosphere and helpful staff. The owner, Gilles, is overly helpful! He gave my wife and I advice on; the local area, finding work, renting a place of our own and where to eat! Then to our utter dismay he bought us both a drink and forced us into an evening of interesting conversation. We were incensed by the whole traumatic affair!

.........................oh and the price is good too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MichiganGirl2013
Portugal
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is so much more than a guest house: first of all you get access to all services you need, they arrange all your trips like Trekking and Thai cuisine, they wash your clothes, they have a massage service and you can rent a motorbike directly from the place. All these services are in competitive prices and usually at a higher quality than what you can find outside. For example we took the trek and for the same prices as people from other guest houses we had access to more options. The real advantage is the guest service from the hotel: Gilles and his crew are simply adorable. You are looking for a nice place to eat? They will not only give you directions on a map, Gilles will actually drive you there himself! I had a personal challenge to do a bike trip to one of the mountains. Gilles made it his personal mission to do whatever he could to make this happen, and after 2 days he eventually managed to make this real for me. The room was big, with a minibar, private bathroom and toilet (you actually need to take your shower next to the toilet which is slightly awkward the first time). The breakfast is fantastic, it felt like at home. We recommend it, we will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregitch
Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2013

After reading great reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to book here. I must admit that we were a bit disappointed. I truly think that you can find a better place for the same cost (or cheaper) if you look around. The courtyard is nice and the guesthouse is conveniently located in the old city. I give this guesthouse an average rating because it didn't impress me at all. The bathroom could use some upgrading for sure! Rooms were clean and fairly spacious. If you're just looking for an average guesthouse that's a little bit on the expensive side, then this is a good choice. Again, I didn't have a negative experience here, just an average one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends