Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michael R
Berlin, Germany

Best Host ever

Review of ZZ House
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Apr 2018via mobile
We stayed at the ZZ House twice. In between we went to Pai and Boyd (the Host) let us leave our backpacks with him. We came back during Songkran and we had an amazing time with him and the other guests.
Rooms are basic but provide everything you need. Besides the whole house and the patio get constantly cleaned by Boyd. So everything is -very- clean. Although is a ten to fifteen minutes walk to the oldtown we definitely recommend this place!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • ZenHotels.com
    £35
2.6 miles from ZZ House
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Great value for money, we were also able to check in at 8am after getting the night bus from Bangkok which was appreciated!

Rooms were clean and quiet and there was a supermaket and 7/11 around the corner. The old town was around 15 mins walk which we didn't mind (there are red buses close by if needed).

Boyd was great and gave us some ideas for sightseeing, he was always around if we needed anything.

We've already booked to stay here again, thanks Boyd!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Awesome place to stay. Clean, private and well-equipped rooms (including table/desk, mirror, and individual refrigerator!), comfortable beds, and a shared kitchen space upstairs. But the highlight of the stay is getting to meet and talk with Boyd!! He truly is the best - hilarious, genuine/honest, helpful, knowledgeable and kind - a great mix of qualities that will make your stay at ZZ House entertaining and enjoyable.
I found the location perfect for me. I usually choose places not right in the center of everything as they’re usually calmer and quieter - which I found ZZ House to be. It’s nice having the river nearby, as well as a local convenience store, a full grocery store with great selection of everything and a 7-11 all within 2 minutes walk from ZZ House.
You get great quality at a very reasonable price here and I don’t think you’ll find another place like this in Chiang Mai. This is why I have returned to ZZ House a second time in my travels, and I will definitely stay there again anytime I return to Chiang Mai.

Thank you for making my stay in Chiang Mai so fantastic, Boyd!! Hope you are doing well and hope to see you again soon!

PS - Yes, there is a school across the street and you will hear things like children playing, music practice and announcements being made. But you’ll likely be getting up around the time the school begins - if not, just sleep with some earplugs if your room faces the school. I actually enjoyed getting to see and hear how the school was run - it’s experiences like this that are a reason for traveling. If I wanted to have all the ease, peace and quiet of home, I’d stay there and forget traveling and experiencing different environments. Thankfully, the area is very quiet at night, so you can get a good rest :)

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Ta M
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The best value and best quality experience you can expect in Chiang Mai. Excellent helpful owner and it is in an area that makes you feel like your living with the locals and not in a trashy tourist area. Can’t recommend enough, stay with Boyd!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2018

For the fifth time I was visiting Boyds Zz house this time I was here for a period of 3 months.
Again I had a wonderfull time at Zz house and my friend Boyd.
If you want to meet other people all over the world, then is this the perfect place for you, nice and clean.
If you expect a luxury hotel then you are not at a good place at Zz house, but if you want a place to stay were you can find other travelers ho want to have some fun at their staying the is Zz house the perfect place for you.
Boyd is allways willing to help the customs to find the best places in Chiang Mai for a perfect vacation in Chiang Mai.
For me I will come back at the end of the year for the sixt time.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank padje2015
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This hostel is located within walking distance of several attractions while in ChiangMai.

A nice welcome to a long day of travels.
Friendly staff and other persons staying at the hostel.

We arrived before our check in time, we were able to place our bags into a safe room whole touring some food spots.

Date of stay: January 2018