“Good sleep, quality hotel”

Viang Thapae Resort
Ranked #51 of 379 Hotels in Chiang Mai
“Good sleep, quality hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Good location, Hotel locate near old city,Small room very comfortable Bed,quiet during a night time,Clean small pool good for relax at the poolside,Nice ambience, breakfast could be better if they improved breakfast variety, we were having same food for 3 days.accommodating and friendly staff. We have a Pleasant stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
NuTai T, ผู้จัดการ at Viang Thapae Resort, responded to this review, 27 September 2015
Thank you very much for your kindly review for our property, we hope you have a good memories during your stay with us at our place.

Narin Kajai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I cut short my stay here. My room (and the one next door) were dark and dingy (no proper windows, certainly no view) and the WiFi hardly works in the room (only in lobby area). The rave first reviews sound suspiciously generous to me, and don't tally with what I found. (I'd like to see IP addresses). Front desk staff perfectly nice and helpful etc but there is no fitness centre, and the pool is tiny, and I don't think it's fair to describe it as a new hotel when it is an old building with no elevator and some recently refurbished rooms, some of which are small, and which have glass paines in the door covered by a curtain, leaving me paranoid about privacy. I don't understand their pricing at 3500 baht per night, when for an extra 500 baht you can stay at a top hotel like the Meridien, and for 500 baht less you can stay 20 metres up the road at the De Chai Colonial which is far better. Not a bad hotel but very overpriced at the moment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Chris B

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

All over clean and good roomstandard. Aircondition isnt as noisy as in many other hotels. Staff does a good job to keep the hotel clean all over all of the day. The hotel itself is located a short walk away from the main road, so theres not much noise, even on daytime. There's, however construction on one side of the hotel, so if you are booking in the next 3-4 months from now and like to sleep in, make sure to book room on the other side of it

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linn B

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week was very nice. Nice ambience for breakfast near the pond. Very friendly staff and owner. Cute Pool. Parking for our car. Excellent place to stay not far from night market and Thapae Gate

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jackothailand

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We originally were going to stay 5 nights here & then try somewhere else but we were so happy here we stayed 9 nights. The hotel has only been open 1 month, everything is spotless including the pool. All the staff are keen to help. Although the pool area isn't very big there's a roof top terrace with some day beds. And despite the hotel being small, the buffet breakfast is great. The hotel is close to the night markets & the old city. Definitely recommend this place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mei Lin F

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The staff at the front desk were so helpful. One night, they even escorted me part of the way to the night markets to show me the way. They also arranged a tour and helped me with everything I needed. The tropical gardens were a lovely place to have breakfast to start the day. It's a real sanctuary away from the busy streets as it all faces inwards to a beautiful swimming pool. After some rain, my bathroom started to smell blocked so they helped me move to another room straight away which was really nice. I had lunch in the restaurant, it was very tasty. As a lone female traveller, I felt safe, comfortable and really well looked after.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We loved our stay close for walking to restaurants and markets. Great help and advice with booking tours and taxi. Good pool and enjoyed having breakfast in beautiful outdoor area. Very happy with all aspects.

• Stayed April 2014