“Disapointed”

Ranked #141 of 384 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disapointed”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

First impression on arrival was that the grounds looked interesting in view of our visit to the area being for bird watching. The office was not obvious for check in and we ended up wandering around for a while until we were pointed in the right direction.

The room was basic and smelled musty, the shower was cold and the food at the so called restaurant was awful. The staff just laughed if we asked for anything. There were large groups of teenagers staying here too so it was very noisy until late in the evenings.

We had booked in for 3 nights; but thankfully on the 2nd night we were told that the restaurant was closed and we could use the restaurant at the hotel next door which happened to be The Inthanon Highland Resort which I had originally wanted to reserve for our stay but couldn't seem to contact them.

On entering the grounds of the Inthanon Highland Resort we were in awe of the place and kicking ourselves why we hadn't persevered to stay here. The food here turned out to be very good and the staff fabulous and they also had some rooms free. So we promptly checked out of the Touch Star and moved to the Inthanon Highland Resort. Happy Days!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Giselle H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Thai first
Murkle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed for one night on way back to Chiang Mai. Thai version of a travel lodge in a nice setting. Nothing fancy but adequate for a night sleep.
Breakfast was poor even by Thai standards. Poor choice and not appetising at all. All I ate was toast. Compared to many other breakfasts we had had while in Northern Thailand this one rated the lowest for quality.
We booked a swiss chalet, when shown round it I was not happy as this was not the standard it appeared in the advertised booking pages. We ended up staying in one of the deluxe rooms, these were better in appearance inside but were in fact cheaper rooms. There was no offer of a discount on our bill despite the room being of a lower price.

Room Tip: Drive the extra hour and go to Chiang Mai
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Honesty
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 January 2013

After much research, my wife chose this "resort" and made the reservations...which turned out to be difficult to do for a stay a few days before New Years (when half of Thailand goes on vacation). The room we reserved turned out to be a small stand alone "box" with no windows (though some panels you could open to get fresh air, but would have to close at night for security. The room was barely bigger than the king sized bed in it.

There had been one cancelation on a larger chalet (same price), so we quickly moved.

The rooms in the newer multi-unit building were probably nicer (and a bit more expensive), but were sold out, so we didn't have a chance to tour.

Breakfast was good, especially if you asked for something freshmade (e.g. scrambled eggs) as they had a moderate variety buffet.

Overall the place was good enough, but nothing special in and of itself. What made the place special was its proximity to Doi-Inthanon (entrance just a few minutes up the road), and various out-of-park amazing waterfalls. The price was fairly high for Thailand, but not unreasonable considering the location. We would go back, with expectations set that it isn't really a "resort", just a reasonable place to stay near Doi Inthanon.

Room Tip: Do NOT take the smallest rooms (stand alone older shacks with no windows).
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank SeattleBasedVagabond
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This year I and my family have decided to stay at Touch Star Resort again…. because I was very impressed on last year when I stayed at Touch Star resort. The owner is absolutely nice, friendly and take care about all guests, that I feel warm welcome there.
The place it’s convenient location and well connect to my next place and the surrounding very nice and clean, it feels good to be there and private. My family and I really enjoy eating their foods in dining room, employees are very friendly. This night I can see a lot of stars in the sky and cold weather.. I promise I will be back again in next year.

Room Tip: Single house good for big family
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MInd A
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We came here as a stopover in the way back from Mae Hong Son. Yes the grounds are sort of nice but tacky and over manicured. We stayed in the 1500b rooms, way overpriced for what it is. Terrible breakfast, tiny room. Wouldn't recommend it, much better value rooms in nearby hotels.

• Stayed January 2013

Travellers are raving about these Chiang Mai hotels

USA
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family and me went to Touch star resort. Staffs are so friendly and very nice place. We'll back again....so sad to check out. Good air , good foods, good place. We miss you all. See you soon!
Marry and Jeff

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Marry H
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'm very impress when I stay at Touch star resort, the resort very near Doi Inthanon nature park and easy to travel around resort. I love their organic plant and small garden I enjoy to shower mineral water in my room. That's very nice.

Room Tip: I love Single cottage room type
#7 of 12 in Chom Thong
Suan Bua Hotel & Resort
Suan Bua Hotel & Resort
#128 of 384 in Chiang Mai

Been to Touch Star Resort? Share your experiences!