“Great, affortable place to stay in a centralized, quiet location.”
Review of Mandala House

Mandala House
Ranked #189 of 788 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Mandala House is a great place to stay for a cheap price (by American standards.) The room has everything you could need (minus a safe) and was thoroughly cleaned each day. The staff was incredibly nice and willing to help with any of our requests or to answer any of our questions. The location could not be beat. It's located on a quiet residential side street, but is a mere 5-10 minute walk to the Old City or Night Bazaar. I would highly recommend staying at Mandala House.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Very good value for money, good localisation, nice homemade breakfast, friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nataliad1984
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Not the cheapest place but well worth it. Centrally located but quiet, clean. Could use a safe in the room though.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I booked three nights in October ,2011, and get confirmation from Mr,S. Chatthorn (when I contacted this hotel,(this sir reply and make the booking for me).
And yesterday , I sent a email to him to reconfirm our trip ten days later, but i get I unreliable reply, they cancled my booking, whith no remindering in advance, what a crazy hotel it is? !!no credit, unreliabel,.....my trip will start in 10 days, how to find a hotel to instead? it confused me, and make my travel in bad stiation!
But after I checeked some info from tripadvisor, Mr, S. Chatthorn is not a reliable person, and this hotel is a good hotel can be trusted.
Anyhow, I still like Thailand,like the people of good-mannered, honest, and friendly, just want to say one thing -------even in paradise, there still have bad guy,!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mucnn
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I stayed here for the second time. My first stay here was more or less ok , so I booked a second time. This time a had a bad experience with the manager. He made mistake by the booking already. I ooked a room on a montly base. He charged 9 baht/unit for electricity. Normally the electricity costs around 3 baht/unit in Thailand. The manager did not checked the meter by arrival, so they charge whatever they want. For 1 month I payed 7.000 baht for electricity only. They also promised free internet, more then 1 week internet was not available. Never again this guesthouse for me.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Happy T
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Perfect Location on a very quiet soi, halfway between walled city and night market and walking distance from both. We were in a large room with kitchenette, safe box and small balcony on the top floor. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The reception and little cafe/bar looks more like a boutique hotel than a guesthouse and the outdoor sitting area is perfect to sit in the evening and enjoy a quiet drink. Free Wi-Fi is great and fast speed. You can pay to use the fitness centre and pool at the nearby Centara Duangatwan Hotel. We had booked and paid for a month stay but unfortunately had to leave to go back to UK after 4 days, I was a little upset and the staff kindly helped me with calls to the airline to change flights and refunded us our money and deposit (just charged us for the 4 nights). Very highly recommend Mandala House and will certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We were in Chiang Mai for 3 nights and staying at Mandala House was definitely the right choice. We had airport transfers and breakfast was included. The restuarant was cute, with outdoor flow to a little water feature.
A/C was a welcome relief after walking everywhere as the hotel is located close to night bazar, old city, temples and plenty of great restuarants. The mini bar was great, as it is well priced and had a good selection.
The service was great - english was broken but we expected that in a non-english speaking country - and we had no problems getting the info we needed!

Would definitely recommend to people who are wanting to stay somewhere nice, clean and accessible without blowing budget. oh and the friendly gecko who said hello to us every morning outside our door was great!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple