Very nice hotel with nice rooms. Helpful staffs. Smooth check in / out; very good concierge service with a staff, named Kai.
We stayed in a Deluxe Suite for 4 days. Very nice river view.
Breakfast selection was OK, very standard hotel quality with some Western food and of course Thai food. But it will be better if they have all the fruits covered. Flies are all over them...
Location is good. A very short Tuk-tuk trip can bring you to most places.
This resort is definitely a very popular place for locals to hold wedding. There were 2 weddings during our 4 nights stay. The noise was bearable. Our room is partly facing the lawn where the wedding reception was held. The music didn't bother us too much as we could only hear a bit of it.
Just few things with the house-keeping that I think they need to improve:
1/ Since my husband and I were hoping to get a totally relaxed holiday, we spent most of our time in our room to chill out. We had the "do not disturb" light turned on constantly, and house-keeper would still ring our door bell and asked to clean our room... Errr... then what's the point of this "do not disturb" sign?
2/ After the house-keeper made up our room one day, they have forgotten to refill the shampoo and shower gel. We told the reception about this, the receptionist had made a call in front of me (I guess she was telling the house-keeper to refill the shower gel and shampoo) before we headed out to the Night Bazaar. We returned to the hotel after few hours and still not yet refilled... We had to call the reception again and got them delivered.
3/ Right after we checked in, the receptionist took us to our room and gave us a very brief tour. She said the house-keeper would light up the essential oil in the bathroom and living room and to put up an anti-mosquito device out on the balcony when they set the bed in the evening. But none of these were done during our stay...
4/ Tea bags refill... one day with 1 Jasmine and 2 Dajeeling; another day with no Jasmine and 2 Dajeeling... no standard on quantity?
I reckon all these are very minor but it would be even better if they can put more attention to these small details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the banks of the Mae Ping River, Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai captures the essence of the destination's Lanna ancestry that subtly appears in its architecture and interior decor. Ratilanna Riverside Spa Chiang Mai is only minutes from the airport and the city's popular night bazaar offering the ultimate indulgence of a five-star urban sanctuary ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ratilanna Riverside Chiang Mai
- Ratilanna Riverside Hotel Chiang Mai
- Sofitel Chiang Mai