“Would recommend it”

Ranked #156 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
New York City, New York
“Would recommend it”
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed at Maninarakorn Hotel with a friend during our trip to Chiang Mai. Since it was part of our package tour, I don't exactly know how much the room cost, but for the price of the package, I could say that it is reasonable for the quality we got. The room was very modern and has a little sitting area which I though was nice. Great location, near the famous night market. The staff were so helpful that we can't complain. If there's anything at all, I would say the beds weren't all that comfortable comparing to those big chain hotels like the Hilton or Marriott. All in all, I would still recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Asatis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This hotel is great my only problems with it are that it was a bit further away from certain areas of he Chiang Mai where I could do shopping and the really nice restaurants. The hotel also has two sections, I'll call it the old section and the new section. The old section is where we were booked into, it isn't connected to the hotel and reminded me of old school apartments from the 70's ..... definitely not class but would have done an average traveler not planning on ever being in the room just fine. We were moved to a suite after asking for something in the actual hotel building. The room we had was a significant upgrade for just a few extra pounds. The hotel itself is pretty good very satisfied after being put in the new section and not the old section of the hotel.
The pool is not that great but it's secluded and comfortable. Not really a gym in there, but the overall hotel was a good experience. I'm sure for a few more pounds a night there might have been a few hotels closer to areas of town that were nicer but it was just fine.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bsaturday
pattaya
Reviewed 28 February 2011

found everything very good. seems that air asia staff use this hotel, so i think they happy then i am too. would recommend this to anyone wishing to have a problem free stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sootymilne
Reviewed 17 February 2011

This was my first time in Chiang Mai. I needed to stay in a hotel my first night before moving to a guesthouse. I found this hotel to meet my needs. It was clean, convenient, and in a great location. Night bazaar is within walking distance! My only two complaints are a weak internet signal in my room (201B) and a rather hard bed. Staff was wonderful!!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Azboy703
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 February 2011

First and foremost - DO NOT stay in the "deluxe terrace" rooms. They are old, dirty, dark, dank and smelly - mine overlooked a aromatic open sewer. They are on the second story in the ring around the main hotel in the pictures. I think they may have been apartments at one time. The furniture in them is of poor quality. The bathroom has a step down and low mantle so that those of us over 5ft 10" (178cm) get to enjoy cracking our skulls on the cinderblock. There is no closet, just a weird open area with a bar under a slanted part of the bedroom (I assume there is a set of stairs on the outside?).

Gee, for some reason they do not bother to show you photos of these wonderful rooms, but instead let you think the "deluxe terrace" rooms look just like the "deluxe room" inside the main part of the hotel.

Once I complained they changed my reservation to a deluxe room inside the main hotel, and charged me the upgrade fee.

The deluxe room inside the hotel was just like the one in the photo, +10 years of use! The hotel in general just seems worn out. FYI, the pool was: small, murky, cold.

And the staff. Ah, what to say about them. Unhelpful to the point of inept comes to mind. After being bait-and-switched into the upgrade I asked the people at the front desk about the best way to get to Wat Doi Suthep, y'know, the most famous attraction in the whole region. They acted like they had never heard of the place and had no clue of the best way to get there except to suggest the song taew that just happened to be sitting directly outside the hotel (do you want to guess how much more he wanted than I actually ended up paying?).

The only saving grace for this dung heap is the location. It is fairly near the areas of interest. But now that I know how easy it is to get around Chiang Mai, if/when I visit again I will stay anywhere in Old Town or West of the river. Walking around in the area is no problem (note, I am a healthy guy that enjoys walking).

The breakfast was pretty good and the wait staff very pleasant. (Just so you all know that I can give positive comments if they are warranted.)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Kel3000

Travellers are raving about these Chiang Mai hotels

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 8 February 2011

The hotel is located in a very central area. You can get to most of the tourist spots just walking (depending on the temperature) and you can find good restaurants around. There is also a shopping center for computer stuff around.

The lobby is tastefully decorated and the staff is amazing. They are always ready to help.
The room was large and clean, fully equipped. The only thing that was missing was a hang to put my beach short drying (after some time in the pool).
The internet worked fine and the computers on the lobby are an extra help (i have used them to empty my SD memory card).
The pool is on the main building, but some rooms are not. For me it was not a problem at all.

Overall my stay was pretty good and I recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in the centre of Chiang Mai and this is one of my favourites. It's in a fantastic location, situated close to both the old city and the night market. The hotels decor is lovely, very clean and modern with all the amenities one could ask for.

The pool is also lovely although there is a lack of beds but then there never seemed to be that many people wishing to lounge around there anyway. The sun does go off the pool area after lunchtime which is great for people that want to be in the shade or for children, for my however, I like to sunbathe, so I relaxed around the pool in the morning then went out and about in the afternoon, therefore this caused no real problem for me.

The staff are all very welcoming and always happy to help.

I found the aircon unit outside my room to be fairly noisy in the night time. Unfortunately for me it was my neighbours unit that was causing the noise and therefore I couldn't do anything about it. In the morning I explained the problem to reception and they moved me to another room right away which was much quieter. They were most helpful and very apologetic. We had 3 other rooms in the hotel and there was no problem with noise in any of them!!

Breakfast was lovely!!!