Stayed here a week ago while in Chiang Mai for a couple days with my girlfriend. The pluses: staff is very friendly and helpful with booking transportation/activites, the rooms are large and clean, the wifi works well, and they serve a decent hot breakfast. The minuses: the property feels 70s-motel old, and needs some updating, especially the interior of the rooms. The large-building-around-pool setup probably lends to my motel impression. Location, a tuk-tuk ride away from the old town, is not ideal, since so much of the rest of Chiang Mai is walkable.
To sum up, while I won't be out recommending the place far and wide, if you got a good deal and you're looking primarily for a no-unexpected-surprises stay, you could definitely do a lot worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai