Just returned from Rimping Village and just wanted to say how good the place is. The hotel is well maintained and the room we had was quite spacious with a large bedroom and sitting area. The room had 2 large TVs, safe and fridge with mini bar. We had a wake up call at 5am every morning due to the neighbours cockerel which wasn't a problem with ear plugs but could be if a light sleeper. We didn't have a balcony to sit out on only a bench but we were near the stairs, I think this is why our room was so large, but this didn't bother us as so much to do in Chiang Mai you will be on the go.. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to one of the main market squares, across the iron bridge. We walked back most nights and felt safe but a tuk tuk didn't cost much and from the night market it was about 100 baht (yes I know we could haggle but chose not to).
The main reason for this review is to say how good the staff are, from the moment we arrived they couldn't do enough. We wanted to get the train back to Bangkok (sleeper), so the staff went off to the station to get tickets, unfortunately there was no first class available on either Thai or Japanese trains, but they went back again to check for any other class with no avail. The staff always ask how you are when passing reception, more so than any other hotel I have stopped in.
We went on a private trip with the hotel, it cost 1500 baht for a driver to take you anywhere you wanted. It was more expensive but we fancied a bit of luxury in a nice car with good air con, plenty of bottled water and no other tourists in the car. The driver A was lovely, really friendly and knowledgeable (I now know cat, dog and buffalo in Thai). When lunch came around he recommended Tiger Kingdom, we weren't that convinced, thought it would be expensive, when in fact it was the best bit of the day, as we sat on the terrace eating lunch (menu not buffet) watching the tigers in the public petting bit, amazing.
The hotel also gave us a better rate than Agoda who we had booked initially with, when we booked a 4th night with them and threw in a free taxi to the airport.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel even better if they serve up the cock for Sunday dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai