“Brilliant Service”
Review of Rimping Village

Rimping Village
Ranked #14 of 392 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The best service I have received during a hotel stay! Rimping Village should pride themselves on a home from home, where the staff are friendly, polite, and nothing ever too much trouble for them. The hotel provides a free pick up service, and after an early morning flight, were greeted by a member of staff at the airport, who was incredibly polite and pleasant. Upon arriving at the hotel we were sat down and given lots of information on trips and excursions, and were asked what we were hoping to do during our stay. The hotel rang around and booked on us tours and trips, and if one company was fully booked they went out of their way to find an alternative. Which were actually brilliant recommendations! The hotel also prided themselves on asking for feedback on the trips, so they knew whether to recommend other guests. We had 3 nights at the hotel and had to change room after the second night (which we were aware of at the time of booking to allow the hotel to accomodate us), and our luggae etc. was moved into the new room while we were out for the day. The hotel itself was lovely, peaceful and quiet and the location (being on the outskirts of the Old City) was perfect, with it being easily accessible to attractions but creating a quiet and tranquil haven. The rooms were fairly basic, with no mosquito lights (which my fiance suffered with), but were clean. The hotel was a great choice, and if you're looking for a home from home, with exceptional service, great location then Rimping Village should be your choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma R

Reviewed 19 March 2014

There is nothing that the staff won't do for you which is what sets this hotel apart from others. From the free airport transfers (which included a pick-up in luxury vehicles) to calling ahead to anywhere we wanted to visit to confirm information or arrange bookings. They even gave me a small gift on my birthday and it was 3.30am in the morning and we were leaving for the airport! Excellent service from all members of staff without exception. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again. The location is good - walking distance to shops, bars and restaurants - only a short ride to the Old City if you don't wish to take a longer walk (we had a baby stroller with us). Restaurant has an extensive menu, breakfast is very good, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, showers are good. There is nothing negative to say about this place - except maybe that the pool is a little too chilled!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carole Y
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here with my sister and Mum and adored it! It was perfection - for the price you couldnt do better. As everyone says, the service is just perfect, all the staff are amazing and couldnt do enough to help. Bliss! Thank you so much for all your care you are all doing a fabulous job :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I think the best thing about Rimping Village is the exceptional service. We stayed there at the last day of our trip. We called the hotel one day in advance to inquire the location - they sent a Benz Vito to pick us up at the current resort we were staying - Shewe Wana. (YES, Rimping Village provide pick up service and it's complimentary!)
The Reception staff is very attentive and helpful. The breakfast is good. And they provide free bicycle rental. Everything is great!
Except that, we got bites from mosquitoes a lot at night that I could barely sleep. They don't have mosquito trap light or mosquito-curtain in there room, which is really painful for me. But other than this, this place is fantastic. And I do hope that they could do something to prevent mosquitos, then I'll definitely stay there again next time when I am in CM.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophia Y
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I LOVED everything about my stay at Rimping Village.
The staff were amazing (nothing was ever too much trouble), the facilities were wonderful and clean, the breakfast was a delicious way to start the day and the location was fantastic.
I hope to come back again some day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had a wonderful first visit in December 2011 and the hotel was just as good the second time around.

Wonderfully friendly staff where nothing is too much trouble, delicious breakfasts relaxing by the pool, spacious rooms and so much more make Rimping Village my hotel of choice whenever I am visiting Chiang Mai.

Highly recommended. :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were impressed from the minute we arrived in Chiang Mai when we were picked up by the complimentary transfer which was a luxury van which was a good start. Check in was efficient but the staff members were extremely friendly and gave us lots of useful information about getting around etc. We stayed in a deluxe room which was spacious and had a lovely feel to it. This feel extended to the hotel which extended throughout the hotel grounds. It truly was an oasis, and the pool area and restaurant were particularly lovely. The breakfast was great with lots of options. We also ate at lunch and dinner and the food was great. The location was good close to the river and Night a Bazaar but also walking distance to the Old City. We were definitely glad we chose not to stay in the Old City area. If you are considering staying here please do, some of the best staff I have ever encountered!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends