Stayed in early July 2014 for 6 nights with my 10 year old child. They picked us up at Chiang Mai airport at no extra charge. It was an ideal place to stay with a kid as the pool area is central to all rooms and is set in a very leafy courtyard (my child loved spotting little squirrel-like creatures up in the trees!). What's more the hotel supplied various inflatable pool toys that were there for all to use. Restaurant staff were very happy to deliver ice cold beers and good cocktails poolside as well - at very reasonable prices - 60THB for a beer and 140THB for a Singapore Sling! Our room was quite large and had enough extra furniture to allow you to sit around a coffee table and small lounge. Free apples and bananas replaced daily in rooms another nice touch. Mini-bar had beers for 40 or 50 THB (under $2 Australian) and packs of chips (crisps) for just 20 THB. Very fair indeed! Lots of other family groups were staying. A good buffet breakfast was included in my room rate, and while not as extensive as you'd get at a 5 star hotel or resort, it still included a far greater variety than you'd ever get in your own home! ....and plenty for the kids to enjoy as well.
The staff at Rimping Village couldn't have done more for you. They were happy to arrange hotel bookings at our next destination, book bus tickets to Chiang Rai, arrange a driver for one of our day trips and book other activities. They were really terrific. The place has a nice, authentic ambience and lacks the dull, generic feel of most, more upmarket lodgings. Extremely clean, comfortable and friendly with great staff. I liked it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai