This hotel is a small boutique style hotel with a great family atmosphere.
Location: It is situated just across the river from the main part of the city. About a 10 minute walk to the night market. I initially thought it would be too far for us having a 6 year old and an 8 year old but they managed the walk without too much hassle and it ended up becoming a nightly activity and a highlight of our time in Chiang Mai.
Service: Enough can't be said about the service at this hotel. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and help out in any way possible. They have a tour desk that offers all sorts of activities. However, even though the cycle tour that we were looking for wasn't offered by a company they were familiar with, they still organised it for us and didn't try to persuade us to go with another company.
They will also organise taxis and tuk tuks for you and advice on travel times and distances.
Our 6 year old son had fallen ill during our stay and we weren't sure what do. We talked to the staff and they outlined the correct procedures and would take us to the hospital if needed free of charge. In the end this wasn't required but our minds were put at ease knowing we had a plan of attack if things got worse.
Rooms: Our family room was situated away from the pool area looking out over a neighbours house. Not the most scenic of views but the kids had fun spotting the squirrels jumping from tree to tree. The room was spacious and quiet. I did note that the pool area became quite noisy at times and wondered how quiet the rooms next to the pool would be.
This may sound a bit snobby but another great thing about this hotel is that it seems to attract like-minded guests. You will not find larger louts or rugby teams on their end of year blow out staying here. Of course this may be because Chiang Mai is not that sort of destination but the behaviour of other guests can sometimes make or break the enjoyment of your stay. There were a number of families staying when we were there but there were also a lot of couples and solo travellers.
So a big thumbs up to Rimping Village and all the staff working there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai