“Stop looking and book Rimping Village”
Review of Rimping Village

Rimping Village
Ranked #11 of 381 Hotels in Chiang Mai
“Stop looking and book Rimping Village”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Frankly the accommodation you pick for your holiday can make or break the whole experience. I wanted an authentic Thai experience for our week in Chiang Mai and I feel 100% that I got it. Rimping Village is fantastic, yes it has all the usual, tour booking service, mini bar, restaurant, pool, free water, wifi, huge family rooms etc. etc but it was the little things that made this place an enduring memory for me and my family. It was the fact that when we came home exhausted from a day of exploring the frenetic Chiang Mai we didn't even have to go to reception to retrieve our key, they met us with our key and asked how our day was. It was the fact that at a certain time of night a man would come around and light the incense outside each room so that we could enjoy the evenings without the bugs. It was the guy that so diligently maintained the pool and handed the pool toys back to my children when they were thrown out - for the 200th time. It was the ladies at the restaurant that knew how I wanted my eggs after a few days and just smiled each morning at me with a "Sawadee" and an "Eggs Madam". The other standouts are the beautiful Banyan tree, it is truly majestic, the huge family rooms and the proximity to ... well everything. Stop looking and book Rimping Village!

3 Thank AprilJenkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The rooms are very dark and do not have much natural light like because of the plants growing outside the windows. My room was super noisy as it was right by the laundry room and staff would just sit there and chat for hours. The tuk tuk they found me to go around town was a lot more expensive than the one I hailed myself on the street. Having said all that, the reception staff helped me find an apartment to rent for a month.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The staff here went out of there way to help me as I stayed for two nights, went on a jungle trek and came back for two more nights. They went above and beyond calling for me to make sure everything was in order, holding my bags when I went in the jungle, even keeping my passport in their safe. The staff here is truly amazing!
And the hotel is just as wonderful. The breakfast buffet is spectacular with both American and Thai options, just so much delicious food. The pool is quite lovely with lounge chairs and towels available lined with beautiful trees and flowers and the huge banyan tree nearby. The rooms are great with everything you need including a robe and slippers, water and fruit, all the toiletries you need and a drying rack for your clothes. The place is a perfect oasis with just a short walk down a little alley (not passable by car) and just across the Iron Bridge to many restaurants and the market area. The location is also maybe a 10 minute walk to the Old City. They also have umbrellas and bicycles for you if you prefer not to walk. I can't say enough good things about Rimping Village!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Northampton
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect all round.

Beyond friendly staff who gave us a free drink upon arrival and arranged everything for us. Gave us a ton of leaflets to look through and good recommendations, went zip lining which they suggested, and found this was amazing.

The rooms, restaurant and pool are large, clean and just plain good.

As people checked out they actually hugged the staff for such an amazing experience.

Great value for money.

Also the restaurant turned out to be the best food we ever had in Thailand.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Caroline2014travel
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice hotel next to everything in Chiang Mai. Very helpful staff during our 4 days stay, the staff was showing us where to go to have the best experience of this town. The rooms were perfect, the breakfast was good and the hotel is just a 2 minutes walk from the busy roads witch is nice as it gives you a little bit of fresh air and relaxation to be ready for your next day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Thierry-Gabrielle
Woodend, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed with our 2 boys (9 & 12) for a week. We had stayed for 3 nts last year and loved it so much we returned this year. We had been in Cambodia for 2 wks and l knew we would need a bit of R&R so booked into the Rimping. As usual it didn't disappoint. It is such a lovely hotel with a big beautiful pool. It is very family friendly and the staff are just wonderful. My whole family just love this hotel and seriously l would return every year if l could!!

1 Thank SuziiQ
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

this hotel is fantastic. The rooms are basic and the beds are a little hard for my liking but the location is central and the staff are amazing. The breakfast menu is great. They have a different thai dish every day and sticky rice and mango on the menu every morning. The restaurant serves excellent food too. We ate here quite a few times on our stay.
The staff are happy to help with anything and go out of their way to please you.
the only bed comment I can make is we got back at 9.30pm on the dot one night and the last orders for dinner at the restaurant is 9.30pm. it was us and another family all turned up exactly on the close time and we were all told no the restaurant is closed The actual restaurant doesn't close till 10pm and we were there just on close of order time. There were 7 of us wanting food and were told no. After being out all day the last thing we wanted was to have to walk two blocks into town to get food so our family went to bed without dinner. Other than this one incident the hotel staff were fantastic

Room Tip: deluxe rooms have a huge bathtub and a bed you could get lost in