We stayed for two nights at Rimping Village in Chaing Mai, Thaliand. One day before a back country trek and a return stay after the trek. We found the staff to be delightful and genuinely attentive to our needs and comfort.
Room: Standard room. Clean and well put together with modern convenience such as a safe, minbar, AC, DVD player, TV with many stations, teapot and desk. The shower was AWESOME the best on the trip.
Amenities: A nice pool with seating area. Free wireless everywhere in hotel and grounds. A nice outdoor seating area shaded by the Banyan tree. Restaurant with a solid menu and a wide ranging and good breakfast (which was included in room rate). Free lobby computer & free bikes for guests. Laundry service. Shuttle to a from airport (also included in our rate)
Location: This is where you need to make your decision. Rimping is a 60 baht ($2 USD) tuk tuk ride to downtown. Night market is a 10 minute walk away. In downtown you have more options, more action. At Rimping you get a pool and quiet. Not to say you do not have options at Rimping. There are many bars and restaurants within a 10 minute walk (A Good View, Gallery & Dukes are a few).
Price: We traveled in June (rainy season) in 2009 (world economic downturn, swine flu and political unrest in Thailand (neither of which were any issue for us, but has hurt tourism)). We paid a rate of 2600 baht per night including breakfast, taxes and transport
Overall: We would recommend staying at Rimping Village. It was clean, felt safe and the staff was great. Your choice is about location and what works for you. For us the pool and quiet were worth it.
About us: We are in our 40’s and live in California. We have travelled a great deal through our lives and continue to make a big trip or two a year. When looking for hotels location, independent reviews (that is why we post reviews on Tripadvisor – please do the same after you travel), price/value play a huge part for us. We have little loyalty to chains for personal travel (although I travel domestically in the US for work a few times a month and I am very loyal to Hilton).
We focus on independent travel, supplemented with a well placed personal guide for overview. I have a Business degree with a Hotel specialization. I spent 15 years in the Hotel Industry in San Francisco/California in a variety of positions working from Desk Clerk to VP of Operations for a hotel management company. We understand service and we do not have unrealistic expectations of perfection as long as people try, are honest and care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai