“Great little Hotel with greater staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rimping Village

Rimping Village
Ranked #12 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Canada
“Great little Hotel with greater staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

We stayes 4 nights at Rimping Village. The breakfarst was always good with fruits, bacon,ham egss, cereals etc etc . no complaints on the. room On the seconf floor, quiet and clear. Anayway you do not stay in your room in Chiang Mai, so many things to do. Nice pool, usually quiet when you do not have some Indians kids running and yelling all the time any time. Never say a so stupid families. Finally, the staff are very good at given advices and telling things to do. they called the tuk-tuk whenever we need it and even recommend a tour guide. Of course other peoples can have a different opinon but for the money we foud it very good.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

The staff here are among the best I have ever come across anywhere in the world.. They treat you as if they genuinely like and are interested in you. They remember your name, your requirements and seem to be thinking long-term at all times. Its all about making sure you come back and recommend them to others. Rather than *just* getting you out the door happy.
I left a bag here for 2 weeks while I went trekking. I had initially stayed 2 nights and planned to stay another 2. When I came back they were fully booked and I had to stay at Aruntara instead (not exactly a bad thing!). I knew this when I arrived to get my bag. What I didnt know was that as I stepped out of the car the staff would walk out, greet me by name, bring my bag to me and offer me a free lift to my new hotel. They seemed to genunely want me to come back and when they heard I was going to Aruntara they were visibly peeved at losing out to the (fancier and more expensive) competition. This healthy competition between Chiang Mai's best hotels means you are guaranteed a great time in any of the top 10 hotels here.
I am pleasantly surprised to find this hotel at number 2 in Chiang Mai. But not too shocked. If I were back here again I would stay there even though (as the staff acknowledge) Aruntara is *technically* a better hotel. Rimping Village makes you feel better about yourself.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Warwickshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

he outstanding feature of this hotel is the exceptionally friendly and helpfull staff. The rooms are small by Thai standards but comfortable.There's a small but very pleasant restaurant, free computers in the lobby and nice but cold-ish pool with plenty of sun loungers. It's situated a short walk from the river - down a narrow alley which looks a bit grim at first but feels perfectly safe in practice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days following a recent stay in Bangkok. The place is very warm and inviting and the staff are amazingly friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and there is always a hello and a smile. There is a small walk to get to town, but it is not too far and makes the food go down well. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

We never spend much time at a hotel, we want clean, safe, quite, with a private bath, A/C and centrally located. This wasn't centrally located, but we've never met such friendly staff. We didn't tell them it was my husband's birthday, so much to our surprise when we came back from our tour there was a birthday cake in our room! They must have gotten that information either from our tour company - Khiri Travel - which provided us with excellent guides, or from my husband's passport. Their friendliness each day when we left them our key for the day was amazing. Both western and Asian items on the very good free breakfast each day.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

We spent in Rimping Village 4 nights, 7-11/03/2010 and really enjoyed. We travelled from north to south and stayed in few hotels during this trip, then really we can compare Thai hotels including even 5 star hotels- please find other review. Staff is outstanding, very friendly and helpful, speak good english. They will help you with everything, will book trips for you, let you use their mobile free of charge. Hotel has good wireless connection and also laptop in lobby, all free of charge. Staff in this hotel made our stay in Chiang Mai very memorable and made our life easy, this what you need travel first time in Thailand.
Magdalena, Hull, UK

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

Rimping Village Hotel had by far the best service of any hotel we stayed at in Thailand during our 4 week vacation. Their customer service was exemplary. In fact, if I wanted to demonstrate exemplary service I would certainly insist that this hotel be used as a model. Right from the staff who clean the rooms, repair the facilities, shuttle clients to and from the airport, the wonderful servers and cooks in their restaurant, and of course the friendly people at the front desk. Everyone did such a fantastic job of making us feel welcome and safe. We will certainly recommend to our friends that Rimping Village Hotel is a priority place to stay for the EXTRA care they provide their guests.

We also stayed at the Davis and Novatel Airport Hotels in Bangkok and the Amari Reef Hotel Resort in Koh Samui. All these hotels and their services were excellent and we would stay at each of them again but Rimping Village Hotel stood out miles ahead of these other executive hotels for the EXTRA care they show their guests and for making us feel welcome.

Jim & Pat McKenzie, Ottawa, Canada.