“Excellent hotel, great location, very relaxing”
Review of Rimping Village

Rimping Village
Ranked #13 of 387 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 3 April 2010

The rimping village hotel is a gem in chiang mai. It is located outisde the bustle of the town centre, but only ten mins walk away. The staff are very friendly and always ready to arrange trips and provide advice. The pool and bar area is very relaxing if you want a down day. This hotel will organise trips to cooking schools, tiger kingdom and all the other adventures waiting for you in Chiang mai.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rimping Village

Reviewed 3 April 2010

The location is near the attractions yet far enough away to be quiet. Easy to find yet quiet as it is off the main drag.

The hotel was very comfortable, the breakfast great, and the staff could not have been more accommodating. In particular, rather than routinely send us off on the prescribed tourist haunts, the staff shared their own personal opinions as well as those of other guests regarding some of the more disappointing but heavily promoted attractions.

Within a block of the hotel is a huge grocery store for stocking up. Also, a nice, reputable massage studio.

Only down-side is to get to the hotel at night, you either have to go a block down a dark alley or around the block though a dimly lit area with little activity at night. In general, Thailand is a low-crime area but until we felt comfortable with our surroundings, the first night walking back to the hotel was uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2010

We stayes 4 nights at Rimping Village. The breakfarst was always good with fruits, bacon,ham egss, cereals etc etc . no complaints on the. room On the seconf floor, quiet and clear. Anayway you do not stay in your room in Chiang Mai, so many things to do. Nice pool, usually quiet when you do not have some Indians kids running and yelling all the time any time. Never say a so stupid families. Finally, the staff are very good at given advices and telling things to do. they called the tuk-tuk whenever we need it and even recommend a tour guide. Of course other peoples can have a different opinon but for the money we foud it very good.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2010

The staff here are among the best I have ever come across anywhere in the world.. They treat you as if they genuinely like and are interested in you. They remember your name, your requirements and seem to be thinking long-term at all times. Its all about making sure you come back and recommend them to others. Rather than *just* getting you out the door happy.
I left a bag here for 2 weeks while I went trekking. I had initially stayed 2 nights and planned to stay another 2. When I came back they were fully booked and I had to stay at Aruntara instead (not exactly a bad thing!). I knew this when I arrived to get my bag. What I didnt know was that as I stepped out of the car the staff would walk out, greet me by name, bring my bag to me and offer me a free lift to my new hotel. They seemed to genunely want me to come back and when they heard I was going to Aruntara they were visibly peeved at losing out to the (fancier and more expensive) competition. This healthy competition between Chiang Mai's best hotels means you are guaranteed a great time in any of the top 10 hotels here.
I am pleasantly surprised to find this hotel at number 2 in Chiang Mai. But not too shocked. If I were back here again I would stay there even though (as the staff acknowledge) Aruntara is *technically* a better hotel. Rimping Village makes you feel better about yourself.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2010

he outstanding feature of this hotel is the exceptionally friendly and helpfull staff. The rooms are small by Thai standards but comfortable.There's a small but very pleasant restaurant, free computers in the lobby and nice but cold-ish pool with plenty of sun loungers. It's situated a short walk from the river - down a narrow alley which looks a bit grim at first but feels perfectly safe in practice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 March 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days following a recent stay in Bangkok. The place is very warm and inviting and the staff are amazingly friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and there is always a hello and a smile. There is a small walk to get to town, but it is not too far and makes the food go down well. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 24 March 2010

We never spend much time at a hotel, we want clean, safe, quite, with a private bath, A/C and centrally located. This wasn't centrally located, but we've never met such friendly staff. We didn't tell them it was my husband's birthday, so much to our surprise when we came back from our tour there was a birthday cake in our room! They must have gotten that information either from our tour company - Khiri Travel - which provided us with excellent guides, or from my husband's passport. Their friendliness each day when we left them our key for the day was amazing. Both western and Asian items on the very good free breakfast each day.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple