From the start the service at this small hotel was exemplary. The reception staff took a genuine, caring interest in making our holiday the best they could. The room was large and clean although a bit dated. Pool area was well maintained but pool was a bit of an occupational hazard to get into as it had no steps. This really does need to be fixed as we personally witnessed someone slipping as they tried to get in. Breakfast was lovely but we had only one evening meal in the hotel, and that was very average.Reception staff were quite upset to hear this and immediately credited us with the meal. Location was fine and quiet. It's just a short walk to the night markets. Also, there is a very good,cheap laundry service a short distance away, just go to the right from the hotel and follow that path. Chang Mai itself was a delightful find. Although it's not probably not quite 3 star ( I would describe it as having a rustic charm) we would definitely stay at the Rimping Village again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai