“So helpful”
Review of Manee Guest House

Manee Guest House
Ranked #90 of 786 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I enjoyed a great 5 nights at Manee House, it was so comfortable I went back to stay there after a trip to Paid. The rooms are immaculate, pool area is a great place to relax. The staff were also very helpful when one of the members of our group had to go to hospital after a scooter accident. They arranged a taxi pick up from the hospital and a ground floor room. Very grateful for their help and a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt6983

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We first arrived at Manee guest house in February with Stray tours before a trip to Pai. Unfortunately whilst in Pai my friend had an accident with a moped and broke her knee cap so we returned to Chiang Mai almost immediately.
When we returned with the stress of the hospital and no where to go. We tried many other hostel numbers to find ground floor rooms to accommodate my friend who could hardly walk, but we couldn't find anywhere that would help us. Amazingly we managed to get in touch with Manee since unfortunately we didn't have their number before we left.
When we arrived they gave us a ground floor room for a great price near the entrance so my friend didn't have to walk far. The manager, who is so so lovely gave us an extra pillow for her leg and came and spoke to is for a while to make sure we were okay and if we needed anything.

We have been here just over a month now, for medical treatment, and this place has been fantastic. Our rooms have always been spotless, thanks to the cleaners that come every day with fresh towels and sheets and free bottles of water. Cleaner and in better condition than other rooms we have had for similar prices. We have a room with a fan, as we personally don't like air con as much, with a fridge and tv with many channels, a hot shower with wonderful pressure, and with the softest pillows I've had whilst in Asia. You can get more luxurious rooms as there is a new part of the building with nicer rooms. Really it caters for all preferences and price ranges very well.
I don't know about these ridiculous accusations of stealing, which is completely unfair since neither seem to have any proof, but we have many a time accidentally left money out and valuables and never ever have had anything stolen. We've been here a month, and nothing has gone missing!
The staff make this place wonderful. They are all exetremely kind and helpful. Always extremely friendly and chatty. Rainbow, the lovely smiley lady at the travel and tours desk at the front of Manee, is always happy to help anyone and give advice.
Another helpful thing is that they have a locker room so you can store your bags there if you come to check in early and want to go explore straight away or if you want to go on a trip to pai and leave your big bags behind. Again very safe!

Manee feels like a home from home for us and we've loved every minute of staying here! It's in a lovely area, easy to walk everywhere or find a tuk tuk. It's also just across from a lovely temple! I definitely recommend Manee guest house, it's a wonderful place!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jess24595
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Was booked into this by stray the group tour I was on and my first impression was totally correct, seemed clean safe and friendly and best if all it had a lovely new pool which was a eelcomechange after staying in much more grim hostels for a similar price. Only complaint was the bed was a bit hard but it was totally fine in all honestly. Was nice and clean and felt really safe, one night came back a bit late and they were very good about it as long as you are quiet. Amy was really good, and the advice given was very good, considered going on a little kayaking adventure but unsteady of taking money they recommended against it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wanderingoptimist
Reviewed 3 March 2014

i just read that comment and i am so angry i write a rating for the first time of my life.
right now i am a guest @ "manee's guesthouse" and i will spend a lot of time here.
about this Sevi P from estonia comment: i have stayed i chiang mai for long periods of time since 2005 and i know that city. this area is extremely safe. a very protected, quiet calm backstreet in a beautiful residential meets visitors area. right opposite "manee" is a temple area.
so dear Sevi P.... have you ever thought about the other members in your group? no one goes window climbing here. it would be witnesses in a second. i left my handbag like everywhere around here and the kind and very competent staff always had an eye on it. so whoever sneaked into that room was another guest. you have to understand that the local people here have a lot of respect of strangers from the west or wherever. they care about you and they care about their workplace. and this is a family business.
as i am airline cabin staff i spent over a decade in posh, highclass hotels and i KNOW when a place is safe. reception desk staff at a grand hyatt attempted creditcard fraud once. this is the greedy people.
okay i leave it now. i am not totally objective as the "manee" family together with the ueber-cool and still so kind and warm "sleep" owners fro across the street took care of me without having seen me once, without having made one baht income with me. try this in the cold cold west: a perfect stranger has an accident, has to go to hospital, no phone, no money and close to really going to very tiny pieces. you would turn your back and run the other way, right?
not those loveable ones right here. i felt like the holy family on the run and they provided me with drink (i was dehydrated), food (couldnt keep it down before) and a deluxe room that felt like hitting the holy grail. an oasis. john from holland and his lovely wife ja ae (yes, you people on the dating websites of the world i tell you: love is possible. go to thailand and talk to the people not other drunk tourists who have no idea) paid for my night at manee as i was down to 16 baht and put cash in my hands. dear reader (if you still follow this) just for your record: they had nothing but my e-mail address. so after being half dead i am safe again and feel that the universe loves me. so if you wanna change your life, your luck your happiness. just come to this lovely street/soi and you have all you need. try google street view. i left my passport at the foodstall down the corner (where it is really busy) and it was still there 3 hours later. so if anyone has any more questions or request...until i set up my blog (this will take some time, i need medical care for a while. please contact me via my facebook "susal77" account or write to me=> always happy to help. but a warning: i am just a travelling gypsy rom the darkgreen bavarian woods and i navigate by <3 and belly. so take care out there, chokdi from steamy but sweet chiangmai. love, susanne aka susal77
p.s.: safety-wise- be careful around the night bazar and always ask a local (best pick: little mobile foodstall people). and use TRAVELFISH for all your asia travels. they are brilliant, they rock and there message board helps with all you need. dont overplan. just go and talk to the real people. we westerners have tomatoes on the eyes. if you are patient and stop blabbering complicated stuff with bad accents the loving thais take them of your face. so, i stop now. i blog soon.

Room Tip: with rooms it depends on what state you are in. yesterday i enjoyed the extra comfort of the deluxe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank susal77
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Chiang Mai is my favorite stop in S. E. Asia, and when there I always stay at the Manee Guest House. First and foremost its really squeaky clean and safe. Manager Amy and the staff are friendly and accommodating yet serious when it comes to the cleanliness of the rooms and all the common areas. Recently they opened a new wing on the same property along with a swimming pool available to all guests. The new wing is more upscale yet still reasonably priced. I stay in the original building (3 floors) where the room prices are still a bargain. They also offer coffee, tea and toast with butter and jam in the morning.

All rooms come with free WiFi, a frig, a cable connected TV and a hot shower. Sheets and towels are always clean and fresh and as mentioned the rooms are kept virtually spotless. They offer rooms with Air Con or fans depending on one's preference and of course the price for Air Con rooms is a bit more. I find there are very few months a year that I need Air Con in Chiang Mai, but if you are arriving from a cold climate your reaction to the heat will be different to those of us who spend a lot of time in a tropical climate. They also have an in-house travel agency and the woman there, Rainbow, really knows what she is doing. She's very helpful with the guests regardless whether they use her services.

As far as safety and security goes, in general I find Thailand a much safer country than most I've visited. But travelers must take precautions especially in Bangkok and the beach resort areas. At the Manee they offer safe keeping with a safe in their office where I can keep any valuables and extra cash, and a storeroom for extra luggage etc. Most guest houses don't offer this service that is generally found in more expensive accommodations. I'm frequently out in the evenings and with all night security plus security cameras both inside and outside the Manee property I come and go with no worries or inhibitions. The police regularly patrol at night which is an added comfort when walking and out and about. I must say though with all the street activity at night, the markets, the vendors, all the restaurants open, the tuk-tuks cruising around I've not seen nor had a problem.

In the middle of all this on a quiet street within the moat area is the Manee house. Certainly IMO a place to stay that, along with the friendly and helpful staff, will make your visit to Chiang Mai enjoyable and memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back in the original Manee building are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Every time i go to chiang mai i go back to manee guest house. The rooms are great for the price range. Like other comments have mention the location is perfect on a quiet street but at the same tie really close to the main tourist hub. But the best part is the staff all very friendly and helpfull , even when i went away for 2 weeks they look after some of my clothes in their locker room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jonatan22
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stay 3 night on the second floor.Room very clean. On the night time quiet and safty because they have CCTV monitor and security on duety all night.Travel agentcy "Rainbow" very nice and very helpful for travelling aroud the north

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends