Open today: 08:00 - 17:30
More Information

Ways to Experience TBB Tours
from US$1,791.64
More Info
All reviews mae hong son loop these guys northern thailand day tour north tour dirt bike tour leader amazing trip at home honda bikes route ride pillion sweeper tik nat
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 December 2019 via mobile

Just finished a 10 day, 2600km tour with roads, curves, tarmac, scenery and weather you dont find in the UK in December. Our group consisted of 6 bikes, with bikers from USA, S.A. and NZ. All having a great time. There were 2 sets of guides, Tik and Marcus for 4 days Jeff, Awe and Nat for the rest, who were able to show us local sites and best places to eat. All the hotels were good The Suzuki 650 Vstrom was a great bike to ride. It was a brilliant road trip. Get it booked!

Date of experience: December 2019
Bikeypikey, Owner at TBB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2020

Hi David.

Happy New Year and all the best for 2020. Thanks for the great review and I could not agree more having just returned from a Christmas UK visit - cold, wet, grey and miserable with pot-holey roads. I am indeed very fortunate to live in this beautiful part of the world with great weather and brilliant riding on my doorstep. If you're missing us, come back and see us again!

Cheers,

Reviewed 12 December 2019

I just finished the December 2 Total North Tour, joining for seven of the ten days. I live in Thailand, but this was my first group tour. I am looking forward to the next one!

TBB team and bikes are great. Jeff and Nat took good care of us, and I understand from the other drivers that Duncan and Tik did the same on their leg of the tour.

Other reviews tell you how amazing the roads and sites are and how well Jeff and his team know them. It’s all true. If you haven’t been before, you have to come, and I can understand why serious drivers keep coming back.

Duncan and Jeff have picked very well from the three star accommodations available, getting great value for money. Some of the meals were quite good; some were not. The team is flexible - don’t be afraid to hunt around on TA and find restaurants you want to try in the cities you visit. Also, if the group wants to take more photo stops or less, the guides are up for it. Just let them know what you want to do.

I am not an experienced rider in the mountains; I live in the flat part of Thailand. And I brought my own bike, which is much larger than the Vstrom 650s the rest of the group rode. Most of the drive was challenging in a good way. But there were two segments of the tour where there were narrow hairpins with two or three meters elevation gain. It was really hairy. I opted out of the second stretch of this type and took other roads to our destination.

Finally, the North is cold at night in December/January. We were all wishing we had brought long johns. Don’t forget yours!

If you live to ride, you have to ride the North of Thailand.

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the positive and informative review (it's all true dear readers!). We are indeed very lucky to live in this beautiful part of the world and have such great riding terrain all around us. That Ducati of yours is a beast and given your limited experience with the twisties, it was probably quite prudent of you to give one of the most technical roads in the area a miss. You'll have to come back soon and consolidate what you learned during your time with us!

Cheers and all the best for 2020.

Reviewed 12 December 2019

Thanks to Jeff and Aw, Marcus and Tik, and Nat our support driver for a fabulous time. Enjoyed the fast sweepers and tight switchbacks, some amazing mountain and rural scenery, best accommodation and learning to speak with the lovely people in the Land of Smiles. Hope to return someday. Give these guys your support - they offer a terrific service.

Hi Joe,

Belated Happy New Year - it's been flat out since I met you. Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year! Yep, as always, it was a great trip enjoyed by all and I hope your Thai is coming on - I'll test you when I see you again in December. Ha ha ha!

Cheers & take care,

Reviewed 30 November 2019

Everything about the 4 day Mae Hong Son Loop tour was fantastic. Top of the list was the ride itself.....exhilarating! Hour after hour, day after day, the flowing corners just kept on coming. The roads were in great condition, which gave you the confidence to push through corners. Minimal traffic made the riding so much more enjoyable. My bike, a Honda CB500, was in very good condition and ideal for this type of ride (especially for the more vertically challenged of us). Beautiful scenery, especially the overnight stay in Mae Hong Son. I couldn't fault the accommodation and meals. The side excursions were interesting. A very big thanks to Jeff and the team for organising and executing such a great tour. Special thanks to Tick for all those extra little things she did for us on tour, often behind the scenes. Can't wait to return to this part of the world again.

Date of experience: November 2019

Hi Ken,

It was great to meet you and glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. I hope that you are OK whilst the terrible fires rage in your country.

Keep in touch as you'll be welcome back to ride again anytime. Cheers and all the best for 2020.

Reviewed 28 November 2019

Excellent in every conceivable way. Organised and supported by Jeff in the support truck . Led by the lead rider who set a perfect pace and and importantly Tick the local officially authorised tour rep who smooths out everything . She brought a real Thai charm to the whole thing with an efficiency and smile that you can't buy . Unbeknown to me at the time of signing up if the tour does not have an official lour guide , if things go pear shaped you can end up in real mess so beware whose tour you choose.Not all do !
Who would have thought a Suzuki 650 VStrom could be so good 2 up ! Did the job so well given the varied terrain travelled . Totally sorted and reliable. Makes me question the choice of my own bike at home quite frankly . Hotels just fine . Food and coffee stops well timed . Would I go back and do another one ? Yes I would and will .

Date of experience: November 2019

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your kind and informative review. It was great to meet you and the lovely Sonia and we enjoyed both the riding and the socialising. Aside from being a legal necessity as you point out, Tik (TAT licenced guide) is a wonderful lady who's great at her job and obviously loves doing it.

I look forward to welcoming you back in November along with some of your "first timer" mates. Take care and all the best for 2020!

Cheers,