We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in November. Our first choice of hotel was fully booked due to the fesitval but it all worked out well in the end.
Here's what you need to know if you are thinking of staying:-
1. Location. As many people had already highlighted, this hotel is walking distance from most of the major sights in Chang Mai. It's probably a bit too far to walk to the night markets but the hotel put on a free shuttle service every night. There is a Thai boxing stadium close by and loads of good places to eat.
2. The staff. Very friendly and helpful. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (very early) but they gave us a drink, looked after our luggage and made suggestions for things that we might want to see.
3. The breakfasts were fab - great omelettes and lots of options!
4. The room. We had an exec room which was huge, had a double bath tub and a big, comfy bed. It looked out onto the big court yard which meant lovely views but a few mosquitos (which is a problem that the hotel were tackling whilst we were there).
5. The pool area. It was great to go for a dip after a days sightseeing. The pool area was spotless, there were always enough sun loungers and towels on standby and having the bar with their happy hour offers right next to the pool was a very wise business move!
There aren't any! This is a fab little hotel, with great staff and in a fab location. I would stay there again if I went back to Chang Mai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bodhi Serene is located within the old city walls of down town Chiang Mai surrounded by many ancient temples and is a mere 20 minutes from the airport, train station as well as the bus terminal. It is also visually and architecturally stunning with exotic Lanna style influenced by Chinese designs. There are only 38 rooms to offer most of which overlooks our central courtyard area with a tropical garden and waterfall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Bodhi Serene Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bodhi Serene Chiang Mai
- Hotel Bodhi Serene