I recently stayed at Bodhi Serene on my first trip to Chiang Mai. The hotel is an easy 10 minute drive from the local airport (transfers to and from the hotel were provided complimentary), and the stay was very enjoyable.
The breakfast is hearty and includes both hot and cold selections, continental, asian and western food - something for everyone. You can either elect to sit with other guests in the main pavilion area, or there are tables set along the walkways for 1-2 people if that is your preference.
The staff were very pleasant and attentive, and nothing was too much trouble during my visit. A few pointers which may help other travellers:
1. Pack your insect repellent. Regardless of whether you are in an upstairs or a downstairs room, they are out in force in the evenings and it is required.
2. Wifi is intermittent and very weak (most times non-existent) in the bedrooms. The strongest areas to connect to the outside world during your stay are around Reception and there is good access around the pool in some spots and the pavilion beside it.
3. Be careful when booking tours through the hotel. I had the on site consultants located downstairs arrange a taxi for me which cost triple what it would have had I arranged it myself, and could often find the deals cheaper if I spent a little time researching and booking directly.
Overall, a lovely hotel, very clean and presentable, and friendly, pleasant staff who will go out of their way to assist you. If you get stuck trying to get somewhere locally, the hotel Reception desk is often able to find one of the team who can write your destination in Thai to pass on to a local taxi or tuk-tuk driver. The laundry service is reliable and quick, and I hope to return sometime in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bodhi Serene is located within the old city walls of down town Chiang Mai surrounded by many ancient temples and is a mere 20 minutes from the airport, train station as well as the bus terminal. It is also visually and architecturally stunning with exotic Lanna style influenced by Chinese designs. There are only 38 rooms to offer most of which overlooks our central courtyard area with a tropical garden and waterfall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bodhi Serene Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bodhi Serene Chiang Mai
- Hotel Bodhi Serene