Shewe Wana Boutique Resort and Spa
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$168
US$149
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$125
US$100
Agoda.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
US$124
US$107
Agoda.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$310
US$380
US$355
1,146 results
All reviewsfree tuk tuknight marketold citybath productsshampoo and conditioneran oasishour massageone bedroom suitebusy citybanana pancakesshuttle servicebeautiful propertyexcellent breakfastmin walkmain roadtrip to chiang mailocal market
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The Shewe Wana Resort is simply wonderful no matter how you look at it.

Quiet and neatly clean, the rooms are decorated in an exquisite Thai style with lovely furniture and details. It has one of the most comfortable beds where I have ever slept. You will only want to get out of bed to enjoy the excellent breakfast the resort provides.

Breakfast was fresh and delicious with plenty of choice and daily cookings. I love the banana pancakes! and the delicious fresh fruit salad with a wide selection of local and tropical fruits. Delicious fresh juices.

Easy reach to center city and night bazar. In addition, the hotel and helpful staff provide with free rides to the night Bazar. I was also brought to see some of the temples of the old city by the staff. Other than that the hotel is easily accesible in a few minutes by tuk-tuk from any point of the city at a minimum cost.

Free internet Wifi which works perfectly being able to use skype without any single interruption. Very convenient if you need a good internet connection.
I booked all my activities in Chiang Mai through the hotel (i.e. Cooking lessons, Elephant riding, among many more)  which provides you with a wide selection of activities to enjoy your time in Chiang Mai.

I had my best massage in Thailand at the Shewe Wana Spa. Outstanding personnel, relaxing ambience and great service. After that I went to swim in one of the two beautiful swimming pools where you can feel relaxed like in an oasis of vegetation and peace.

You also have the option to enjoy the romantic and beautiful ambience of the restaurants at the Shewe Wana and enjoy the yummy dishes they prepare, both Thai and European food!

The hotel provides with free transfer from and to the airport, another example of the huge value for money you get at the Shewe Wana.

I am trying to look for something I would improve in this hotel but I can't find anything. I stayed for three nights and I just can say it was my best experience in South East Asia.

To summarize, if you want to know how paradise looks like, come to Chiang Mai and stay at the Shewe Wana Resort. You won't regret it! Don't waste your time in big name chain hotels. You won't be able to enjoy the UNIQUE charm of the Shewe Wana and the Thai hospitality of its genuinely friendly and helpful staff and management, which will solve any eventual issue and make sure that you have a memorable stay at the Shewe Wana.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I stayed two nights at Shewewana. There is not much I would disagree with in the other reviews here. As most of the reviewers say, the grounds are beautiful, the staff are friendly and genuinely helpful, and the location on the outskirts of the inner town not much of an issue. I had a room on the balcony level above the main pool. Although small, it was excellent value for money, tastefully decorated, clean and comfortable. There is only one thing you might want to consider about staying here: during my stay, Internet access (which is free to guests) was a bit patchy. I'm not sure if this was just a one off or a regular occurrence. For me, this was actually a small blessing, but if you absolutely need consistent internet access during your stay, you might want to fork out for one of the bigger hotels in town. Personally, I was happy to trade some internet downtime for the pleasant boutique comforts of the Shewewana. I would be happy to recommend the Shewewana to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Piyanuch I, Owner at Shewe Wana Boutique Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Dear Frogmirth,

I’m so glad that you had chosen to stay at Shewe Wana Resort, Chiang Mai. And thank you very much for good review. We apologize for any inconvenient that the internet access may have caused you. We are happy to inform you that these issues have already been solved.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely
Shewe Wana Management

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel is a real find. Although not centrally located, it is accessible to the old town and the night bazaar (need to take tuc tuc/taxi to old town, 15 min walk to night bazaar or take free hotel tuc tuc to night bazaar). Also 15 min walk to riverside area where there are some lovey restaurants.

We stayed here 3 nights and this was a tranquil oasis to return to after a few hours out sightseeing etc in the city heat. Beautiful gardens to enjoy from your room terrace (we stayed in a suite overlooking the gardens). Terrace has mozzie net also over the outside sofa which is very useful! Two nice swimming pools also.

The staff here really helped make our stay much easier. We travelled with our toddler and they couldn't do enough for us, and were great with him. Nothing was too much trouble, including extra bedding for the travel cot, special breakfast requests for our toddler etc. They were very friendly!

Food is very good, breakfast especially. Buffet style (exoctic fruit/pastries/breads/cereals/yoghurts) and order from the menu such as eggs/bacon/omlettes etc plus the most delicious pancakes I have ever had (banana and mango were delicious). We had dinner here and that was good too (and very reasonable).

Rooms very clean and comfortable. One very small thing is the suite had microwave, fridge and kettle which was good, but there was also 2 hob rings yet no pans or crockery! Not that you would really wnat to cook!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel is one of our favorites on a 5 week trip around SE Asia. The grounds are beautiful with two lovely pools. The staff are very helpful all with happy smiles. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice. The room was furnished in Thai style with a four poster bed with mozzie net. They provided a free tuk tuk ride into the city each night and it was easy to get a cheap ride home or walk. We recommend Shewe Wana for a delightful and peaceful stay in the busy city of Chiang Mai

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This hotel has a lot to offer. At first glance you may be put off because it isn't centrally located and the street is very industrial. The rooms are lovely. They are clean and have nice touches. The property is well maintained and the grounds are landscaped well. Our first room was the farthest from the pool and did not have an outside sitting area or balcony. During the first of three nights, we were woken up by the sound of some creature scrabbling in the ceiling of our room. As if that were not enough - it began to make a chirping-clucking sound about every 30 minutes. It was so loud that it seemed to be in the room. We should have changed rooms, but returned so late our second night, we just hoped that the creature had moved on. Not so! At midnight it began again. We changed rooms at 1am, and our new room was excellent. No complaints. It was on the second floor, quiet, small sitting area overlooking the garden. Excellent. The manager was very apologetic, offered us free massages, free soaps, very sweet. The hotel breakfast was more than adequate, beds were fine, bathroom and shower all good. It's a little far from town but they do provide a Tuk-Tuk shuttle, and who wants to be in town? The idea is to get out of town, but the neighborhood is a little gritty. We ate in one of the local places nearby and the food was clean and cheap.

Room Tip: Get a room around the pool. Watch out for creatures in the ceiling.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family